Android OS Forum banner

If in my shoes... Razr now or Razr later?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  BinaryW01f 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know there are several topics like this already but I just can not make up my mind. I've fallen in love with the razr from what I've seen/read and basically I wanted to know what some of you out there would do if in my shoes. I'm due for an upgrade and I can't decide if I should go ahead and get a razr now or wait for god knows how long for the razr maxx. If I knew when the razr maxx would drop out then I would wait, but I know how Verizon/Motorola is about these things and I honestly don't want to wait 3+ months if it comes to that. I've ruled out the Galaxy Nexus, because honestly I'm not a fan of samsung's phones & accessories design & build when compared to Motorola's, though the unlocked boot loader is very tempting. Also in my opinion the lack of a micro sd slot, something so basic, is a big turn off on the Nexus.

#6 ·
Make a list of 'Must Haves' for new device. Then, how's the phone feel in hand? Screen? Build quality? Favorite Dev Support? Then decide. What else is there? We can 3 month are tushy's to death. Electronics industry is moving at an incredible pace, enough to drive you crazy if you let it. Go through your checklist, choose, then buy the F'n thing and start having fun with it, whatever it is.

#7 ·
If the Rzr is the only phone you would want then I would suggest waiting at least a month to see what happens. I really don't think it's going to take 3 months for them to push it. You can say well something new is always around the corner and why wait but in your case if you don't want anything else then why not get the better version.

Sent from my HTC Vigor

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm a little bit in same boat except I got my Razr last week. My plan (ha ha ha) is to see if any further info leaks on the Razr Maxx or not before the special holiday extended return period ends (Jan. 15th). If I get enough info on the Maxx by that time that makes it look like a sweeter choice, I'll return my Razr and save the upgrade I used to get it for the Maxx. Still have my "old" Droid X for backup purposes, to ride me out if I need to wait a bit. If not enough info on Maxx by Jan. 15th, I think the Razr is an outstanding device and once we get ICS, all the betterester! Nexus - ICS = we've already seen that.

#12 ·
cvhovey, I just moved from a Droid X to a Razr two days ago. I'm curious what you think of your Razr's battery life. I absolutely love the Razr so far...except for that darn batter drain with 4G. I just wanted to hear what you thought since you also moved up from a Droid X (which, at least from my experience, had great battery life, but it was also just 3G).

I'm just wondering if the battery issue is a Razr specific problem or will any 4G phone have the same issues?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.