- - - - -

Radio from the new update 2.11.605.9

• Please log in to reply

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:26 AM #21

Let me restated. Flashing the radios doesn't make you lose root. However, I was under the impression that s off would make it impossible for me to receive an ota. Which will make you lose root if you download it. (Ppl do that stuff...) Several ppl have had attempted otas after flashing the radios or duringnot everyone. So really the important thing is FLASHING THIS RADIO IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS WEVE SEEN ON THE THUNDERBOLT AND IT VERY WELL MAY ATTEMPT TO PUSH THE OTA AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THEM. You can deny the ota... When or if it shows up... But it helps to know it's a possibility and how to handle it. Otherwise, you may very well lose root and s off. :unsure:

disclaimer: sent from a thunderbolt that does not approve this message
  • 0 Likes

Lohk

Lohk

• 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:26 AM #22

I didn't get a prompt to update or anything. I'm assuming this only affects people running Sense ROMs. Radios will not remove root. That bs talk needs to stop now.

Drunk texted from my MIUI Thunderbolt.

Yep flashed the new radio and everything is still as it was. Liquid 3.2 and MIUI working fine and no prompt to update.

Although I would like to note hand off from 3G to 4G (and vice versa) seems sluggish. Actually it's dropping instead of swapping.
Or it might be the area I'm in. Going to test in Tallahassee, FL then in Mobile, AL.
  • 0 Likes

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:33 AM #23

^This^

Flashed through fastboot, (since my bootloader doesn't seem to like PG05's anymore ) works fine on MIUI, still have root, S-OFF, and everything else. Sense peeps are getting the update cause you're all running roms based on 605.5. Just cancel out of the update and enjoy.

My snip wasn't w you btw. Just the "flashing radios doesn't make you lose root... This needs to stop". That wasn't the point. *and sorry for.snipping period... Just better that Ppl know what to do w it. * it makes sense that if its close to stock software it'd be more likely. Peace out. Ima sleep all day ha.

• 0 Likes

Mattes

Mattes

Supporting Member

• 433 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:34 AM #24

Anyway, How's everyone's results?
  • 0 Likes

watson387

watson387

Android Lover

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:36 AM #25

FLASHING THIS RADIO IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS WEVE SEEN ON THE THUNDERBOLT

No it isn't. Just because a bunch of noobs panic and don't know what they're doing doesn't make it different. These are radios, plain and simple.

• 2 Likes

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:03 AM #26

No it isn't. Just because a bunch of noobs panic and don't know what they're doing doesn't make it different. These are radios, plain and simple.

From xda: " I don't think it's removing s off. It does sound like the new OTA is being pushed to rom's using the older base though, and obviously if you flash that OTA you'll lose root and s off. In any case, I flashed this on cm7 and I still have s off“

This has not been the case w Thunderbolt radios thus far. I'm enough of a noob. Only had a tbolt since the day it was released. I wouldn't accept it... But noobs flash radios, can't just say its all good if they've never done it before. ESP when the ota just starts downloading right after. (Some ppl... Some took a whiiile) There's a shot they won't know. We all learn as we go...

Edited by marieke, 17 December 2011 - 07:23 AM.

• 0 Likes

watson387

watson387

Android Lover

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:31 AM #27

From xda: " I don't think it's removing s off. It does sound like the new OTA is being pushed to rom's using the older base though, and obviously if you flash that OTA you'll lose root and s off. In any case, I flashed this on cm7 and I still have s off“

This has not been the case w Thunderbolt radios thus far. I'm enough of a noob. Only had a tbolt since the day it was released. I wouldn't accept it... But noobs flash radios, can't just say its all good if they've never done it before. ESP when the ota just starts downloading right after. (Some ppl... Some took a whiiile) There's a shot they won't know. We all learn as we go...

Exactly. You just proved my point. Flashing these radios IS NOT different than flashing other ones.

• 0 Likes

Lohk

Lohk

• 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:35 AM #28

Yep flashed the new radio and everything is still as it was. Liquid 3.2 and MIUI working fine and no prompt to update.

Although I would like to note hand off from 3G to 4G (and vice versa) seems sluggish. Actually it's dropping instead of swapping.
Or it might be the area I'm in. Going to test in Tallahassee, FL then in Mobile, AL.

Anyway, How's everyone's results?

So far everything is steady, but I'm still testing the 3G/4G hand off.

Edit: as a side note from Lee, FL on I-10 to Marianna, FL I've not dropped below 2 bars whereas before there were spots it would drop to 1 bar or 0.

Edited by Lohk, 17 December 2011 - 07:41 AM.

• 0 Likes

Bill3508

Bill3508

Average Android

• 260 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:20 AM #29

Running this, so far so good. Was running the 817/906 combo. I had terrible signal with the 906 cdma. Well see if this is an improvement. No push for ota.
  • 0 Likes

swieder

swieder

Android Beginner

• 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:21 AM #30

The new radios look promising. I plan to update mine Tbolt with Bamf Forever soon. I would love to see a new Bamf Forever built on the new base too.
  • 0 Likes