- - - - -

Radio from the new update 2.11.605.9

• Please log in to reply

villae81

villae81

Android Addict

• 575 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:17 PM #11

Well this sucks flashed it about an hour ago everything is fine then now I'm on Wi-Fi coz no data.

Edit: I'm good now guess had to let it warm up to my phone
rockin' dat vicious Chinese shyt!

Edited by villae81, 17 December 2011 - 01:35 AM.

• 0 Likes

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:35 AM #12

Just an fyi (read before you flash em... Same thing happened to someone on bamf ...)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1396408

disclaimer: sent from a thunderbolt that does not approve this message
  • 0 Likes

TinierTim

TinierTim

Android Beginner

• 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:14 AM #13

Ok, I know this is probably a noobish question, but this won't make me lose root or anything, right?
  • 0 Likes

Mattes

Mattes

Supporting Member

• 433 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:36 AM #14

Hm, I'm gonna wait to flash but wanted to drop in and say thanks for Posting the update.

And no.... Flashing radios does not make you lose root? Honestly at this time I don't know how people can lose root but that's with me assuming no one is silly enough to s-off just to run rooted stock. Radios are just radios, but there's more there then I would care to explain that can't be found with a little reading
  • 0 Likes

watson387

watson387

Android Lover

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:14 AM #15

Flashed with no problems. Thanks for zipping these up!

Drunk texted from my MIUI Thunderbolt.
  • 0 Likes

Lohk

Lohk

• 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:20 AM #16

Just got done doing the same. Thanks for posting them!
  • 0 Likes

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:49 AM #17

Hm, I'm gonna wait to flash but wanted to drop in and say thanks for Posting the update.

And no.... Flashing radios does not make you lose root? Honestly at this time I don't know how people can lose root but that's with me assuming no one is silly enough to s-off just to run rooted stock. Radios are just radios, but there's more there then I would care to explain that can't be found with a little reading

They lose root and s off after loading a stock rom that is not rooted. Flashing these radios will most likely trying to push the ota as well. Don't ask me how... I slept for an hour and am up walking my dog. Ha. If you deny the update you'll be fine. Not sure everyone has gotten the ota attempt while flashing and not after. Most have that have gotten it. I'd love to flash them as well. As soon as these guys get root on it just to be safe. Its a radio. And the update w it will pro take them 10 min to root and debloat. Ive flashed every radio w this phone upon release. 4 while rooted. Never tried to push an update thru rev s off on me ever. Not a huge deal but the ppl that accepted the update in other threads aren't happy campers right now. The one person who said he got root lost wifi. Not worth a radio... But if ya gotta :D

And totally thx for posting them! I was abt to flash em when i saw the ota attempt stuff. First time w the tbolt...

Edited by marieke, 17 December 2011 - 05:53 AM.

• 0 Likes

marieke

marieke

Android Beginner

• 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:56 AM #18

I thought this too. Not the case. That's why I told ppl to check out the mirror to this on xda.

• 0 Likes

watson387

watson387

Android Lover

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:03 AM #19

I didn't get a prompt to update or anything. I'm assuming this only affects people running Sense ROMs. Radios will not remove root. That bs talk needs to stop now.

Drunk texted from my MIUI Thunderbolt.
  • 1 Likes

XxNLGxX

XxNLGxX

Troll Feeder

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:14 AM #20

Radios will not remove root. That bs talk needs to stop now.

^This^

Flashed through fastboot, (since my bootloader doesn't seem to like PG05's anymore :_con: ) works fine on MIUI, still have root, S-OFF, and everything else. Sense peeps are getting the update cause you're all running roms based on 605.5. Just cancel out of the update and enjoy. :android-smile:

Edited by XxNLGxX, 17 December 2011 - 06:17 AM.

• 1 Likes