1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

16 votes

MIUI.us DefX - Part 2 (2012.2.1 + 1% Battery, No Charge LED, Updated Bootmenu, Charge-While-Off)

MIUI DroidX
  • Please log in to reply

rudyy

rudyy

Supporting Member

• 88 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:26 PM #391

Hoppin over here, ics dev stopped! Hopefully just temporarily, I hate to see good devs go. <br />Anyways, I got alot of 'your device is not compatible' in the market on 1.11.9, anyone get that on this? I thought I saw it was due to the ics parts, but I couldn't find that post when I went back to look. It gets pretty annoying lol<br />And does anybody know if its safe to restore a full backup on the miui backup app from 11.9 to this one?<br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />sent from my D(ecapitated)X via the guillotine

after I flashed 1.11.9, I used the market to dl titanium backup to start my restore process and also to update numerous apps with no problems
  • 0 Likes

bobcaruso

bobcaruso

Android Helper

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:38 PM #392

Hey all, Our time on this rom maybe shorter then expected, as true ICS for the DX is gettin real close

Check this out http://rootzwiki.com...-x-1214-beta-1/

Radio, WiFi, HW Accelerator all working now.

A functional beta2 eminent.
  • 0 Likes

Jubakuba

Jubakuba

Not Female

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:17 PM #393

Install Method:
SBF, Zerg exploit root, flash, restore applications without data via TB.

Full day report:
MIUI:
All of the expected features work perfectly.
Themes. Theme choosing. Backing up and restoring themes.
Dialer/Messaging...aside from a test picture I recieved...which is showing up as a 5second video rather than a picture...which I can't download.
Battery Bar worked flawlessly for me.
Call recording still not (and as DXC said, may never) working...as expected.

Cell reception:
I got the expected 3G all day.
Not a single drop, as I randomly experienced as posted earlier.
Wifi worked flawlessly. Connected both to my wpa at the house and my parent's wep.
(Speaking of...I rarely use WiFi, but I did happen to be on it when my phone locked up as explained later...I don't suspect a correlation, however.)

Battery:
So far...seems about where I'd expect it to be for a 2nd init rom.
This is where I've learned my battery is and will remain for 2nd init...no worse...no better.
I'll have to let it settle for a few days before truly knowing...but I'm sure it's the same as always.
CPUspy is reporting that deep sleep is indeed working.
I actually haven't calibrated battery yet...as I needed my phone all day and had to charge half-way through to make sure it didn't die tonight.
Will do that tomorrow.

Speed:
Same expected snappiness from prior MIUI builds.

Bugs:
(I still have a broken camera, can't test those for you, sorry)
I had one complete lock up today.
I eventually managed to get back to my launcher...which was unresponsive.
Holding home to return to recent applications didn't bring the dialog up until about 15 seconds had passed.
Everything lagged...but there were no actual FC's.
Had to do a battery pull and it's been butter since.
I'll attribute this to a random happening for the time being...
As it seems completely stable otherwise and I've yet to receive even one FC.

@Wiz.
Props on the successful port.
I'm surprised to have such a functional first build from you.
I'll let you know if anything bothersome arises, but I'd say I'm set.

Edit:
Oh, and I'm super OCD about stability on charger...and alarms going off...as I use my phone to get up for work.
But my alarm went off flawlessly (not that I've ever had a problem...It just makes me uneasy after flashing a new rom) today.

Edited by Jubakuba, 16 December 2011 - 11:18 PM.

• 0 Likes

Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Root Guide

I605/Toro/Grouper/Manta: AOKP/LeanKernel

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

"Juba is kind of a dock."

PANCAKER

PANCAKER

Android Addict

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:43 PM #394

first, you guys are all assuming that wizard celebrates christmas, you don't even know the guy/gal. that's right you don't even know is the wizard is a man or woman. Everyone is so ready to move on without a thought, I just say be wary wizard. Everyone is your best friend when you are giving them something for free, then as soon as the tables turn and you are down and out they move on without hesitation and attach themselves to someone they don't even know as long as they get what they want for free.

I'm very appreciative that you will continue development wizard, but I'm also taking a moment of silence for Ace. No one deserves all this nonsense during the holidays and especially not from a hobby like cell phone development. Everyone gets caught up in the nonsense of all this and forgets this is a real person with a life and a family. If any of you are decent you will head over to ace's twitter, @aceoyame and wish him well and thank him sincerly for giving us time when he was still developing.

Does someone need a hug?
  • 0 Likes
I wake up before I throw a beater on, I thank the Lord for peace, or you can say shalom.
I'm on and I'm gone out the door I'm gon' rep my home.
♩ -Lecrae (From "New Shalom")

OP wizard0f0s

wizard0f0s

Developer

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:55 PM #395

Guys and gals, I want to pass on some information. DON'T INSTALL DXC's 720p PATCH. My phone liked it. A lot. So much that while testing the script to remove it (before I had all the parts in the script to remove of course) my phone decided it liked it so much, it didn't want to boot without all of 720p still installed.

If you are like me and like to tinker with things ... And we're looking at a camera issue and wanting 720p ... The old 720p patch looks enticing to try. Unfortunately, I still got the same force closes on the camera (which is actually helpful as it confirms it is on the MIUI side as the camera libraries are mostly (if not all) changed with the 720p patch). The toggle issue was worse than it was on 1.10.28 as it took multiple reboots to get both wifi and 3g back.

If you do (or did) get your hands on that 720p patch and want to play around, here is the uninstall zip. It's nothing huge, but you can install it from recovery via the boot menu (blue light special). You can't reinstall the full rom from there (it tries to over-write itself and looks like it completes in a couple of seconds). Obviously, if you don't try to remove part of the 720p, you can probably get back to CWM the normal way and can reflash the 1.12.9 pretty easily. But since I had to finish building this for myself anyway, I thought I'd post it and maybe save someone from an SBF.

720p Revert (Uninstall) patch - http://dl.dropbox.co...20p_Restore.zip
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

qwiklildroider

qwiklildroider

Android Apprentice

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:55 PM #396

Does someone need a hug?

+1
  • 1 Likes

NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92

Android Lover

• 557 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:15 AM #397

first, you guys are all assuming that wizard celebrates christmas, you don't even know the guy/gal. that's right you don't even know is the wizard is a man or woman.

He's a guy, calm yo'self

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."
  • 1 Likes

OP wizard0f0s

wizard0f0s

Developer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:26 AM #398

first, you guys are all assuming that wizard celebrates christmas, you don't even know the guy/gal. that's right you don't even know is the wizard is a man or woman. Everyone is so ready to move on without a thought, I just say be wary wizard. Everyone is your best friend when you are giving them something for free, then as soon as the tables turn and you are down and out they move on without hesitation and attach themselves to someone they don't even know as long as they get what they want for free.

I'm very appreciative that you will continue development wizard, but I'm also taking a moment of silence for Ace. No one deserves all this nonsense during the holidays and especially not from a hobby like cell phone development. Everyone gets caught up in the nonsense of all this and forgets this is a real person with a life and a family. If any of you are decent you will head over to ace's twitter, @aceoyame and wish him well and thank him sincerly for giving us time when he was still developing.

Snapz, you make a pretty good point. Most of everyone on here doesn't know much about me. If you've found my actual name (Jamie) anywhere, it probably wouldn't help the guy / girl part out too much either.

The first part I can clear up pretty easily. Little info on me:
* I do celebrate Christmas.
* I am a guy
* Married with 3 kids
* BS degree in Computer Science back in 2002
* Currently an IT Technical Services Manager at a hospital
* I've been a Code Monkey, PC Tech, Server Admin, Network Admin, and Tech Team leader prior to my current position
* The DX is my first "smart phone" - I don't count the crack berry. That thing wasn't very smart.
* I enjoy moonlit walks on the beach and Jack Daniels (I hope somebody at least smiled there, getting too tired to tell if that was funny outside of my own head or not)
* I love a good joke - and that includes really bad puns

Of course everyone moves on. No one here owes me a thing and never will. That's the whole point of Rom'ing our phones - to try out something new. If you stay with the same thing for long enough, it becomes the "same old thing". There were a couple of reasons I wanted to do this in the first place and they've been driving factors for most of what I've done in my life:
* I enjoy helping people and making a difference (that's why I work at a hospital)
* I love programming, but when I get to pick what I code, not being a code monkey (thus the IT jobs instead of development)
* I love learning. This is probably the biggest one. And the more advances we make, the more there is to learn. :)

Being a dev for Android, and the DX in particular with the great community we have, gives me all 3 of these.

The situation with Ace sucks. No matter where you stand on the drama before (which I really don't want to get back into), we're talking about somebody's real life and losing a job sucks, especially right before Christmas. I do hope he gets back on his feet soon for his sake and his family's.
  • 8 Likes

Posted Image

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

mcp770

mcp770

Droid Nerd Extraordinaire

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:47 AM #399

Well thanks for that an keep on keepin on Wizard. As for the rest of you have fun with roms and don't take this shit so seriously. I mean really folks its kinda scary. Let's enjoy the fruits of Wizards hobby and not turn it into a damn second job.

As for Ace, I've been there and done that.... Good luck getting a new gig.
  • 0 Likes
Rom: MMuzzy's 4.2.+ Kernel: Franco Recovery: TWRP Icons: Snack Pack

serx7

serx7

CrackFlasha

• 973 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:05 AM #400

Guys and gals, I want to pass on some information. DON'T INSTALL DXC's 720p PATCH. My phone liked it. A lot. So much that while testing the script to remove it (before I had all the parts in the script to remove of course) my phone decided it liked it so much, it didn't want to boot without all of 720p still installed.

If you are like me and like to tinker with things ... And we're looking at a camera issue and wanting 720p ... The old 720p patch looks enticing to try. Unfortunately, I still got the same force closes on the camera (which is actually helpful as it confirms it is on the MIUI side as the camera libraries are mostly (if not all) changed with the 720p patch). The toggle issue was worse than it was on 1.10.28 as it took multiple reboots to get both wifi and 3g back.

If you do (or did) get your hands on that 720p patch and want to play around, here is the uninstall zip. It's nothing huge, but you can install it from recovery via the boot menu (blue light special). You can't reinstall the full rom from there (it tries to over-write itself and looks like it completes in a couple of seconds). Obviously, if you don't try to remove part of the 720p, you can probably get back to CWM the normal way and can reflash the 1.12.9 pretty easily. But since I had to finish building this for myself anyway, I thought I'd post it and maybe save someone from an SBF.

720p Revert (Uninstall) patch - http://dl.dropbox.co...20p_Restore.zip

thanks for the detailed info and the uninstaller. i do have the 720p patch and flashed it to my previous 1.12.9 installation, which was in a Boot Manager slot at the time. seemed to work great, but I noticed that during longer clips (2 min+) the audio would get out of sync w/ the video by 2-3 sec. wasn't sure if that was an artifact of running things in a Boot Manager slot, so i flashed the ROM as my phone ROM and flashed the 720p patch in the same CWR session. been testing around it a lot since leaving work last night. so far so good. toggles seem fine for me so far, and i can toggle b/n wifi and 3G w/o issues. (knock on wood).

• 0 Likes