148K views 93 replies 70 participants last post by  volka 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.7 Beta

This is a community support ROM only!
The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM

Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.​

Don't forget to follow me on twitter

Working:
  • Audio/Sound
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Touchscreen
  • Charging
  • All sensors
  • Wired earphone/headphone
  • Gallery
  • YouTube
  • MIUI Backup (don't backup contacts)
  • Multi-Touch
  • MIUI Themes
Not Working:
  • No On-Screen Menu (working on it)
  • Other Random Bugs
  • Launcher2.apk (MIUI) Included Go Launcher
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

CM Team Thanks

eppyramot;20298533 said:
Wow, I didnt think i would be this happy until ICS was available for the touchpad. This works beautifully, and finally renders the screen properly so the icons and text are crystal clear and not blocky.

I am using button savior from the market to get the soft buttons. Here is my screenshot

See less See more
#57 ·
Not sure what you mean by launcher2 not working but I managed these screenshots when I used the native launcher at an lcd density of 200. I toyed with it a little at different densities and 200 agrees with the launcher and the lock screen. Made the needed changes to the build.prop to get this result.

#15 ·
Well, I flashed it but there are no "back" or "menu" buttons built in and because this is a TP that was never supposed to run Android it's (at least to me) Proof of concept for MIUI. Until that is figured out I would not even call this a PRE Alpha. POC at best.

Scott/anybody please prove me wrong.

Good work, just not alpha yet....

#19 ·
Tis true, and its in the original post. A workaround I found is to install Button Savior from the market, which gives on screen keys. Not as clean as you get with CM7 but it is functional and allows you to navigate OK. Most apps seem to work fine, but it is very buggy. I can't get a few apps to install from the market as well (Tweetdeck, Paypal, and a couple of others).

Some screenshots I took of it running on my TP (also posted on XDA):

#22 ·
As far as the soft key issue is concerned, the Nook Color Miui port had the same issue. I do not have a nook color anymore and have not been following the progress of that port but for me, it was a bit of a killer having to use the softkey app. Now the xronified mod for the touchpad had soft keys that stayed put on all screens. Would there be a way to include whatever it is they were using into this port? Just an idea, might be naive....

#24 ·
Installed it and now i constantly get this error "the application launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly". I can only force close or report and then it just comes back up. I also get this error right after it "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" That one comes constantly also. ANy suggestions? Thoughts?

#29 ·
This rom seems really well done for a pre-alpha build. So encouraging. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Since MIUI launcher feels a little off for tablets at the moment I installed VTL Launcher and its great. And an ICS Theme to go along with it!

Yeah looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.