23 votes

[ROM] [CDMA] AOSP ICS / CM9 - BUILD10.1 [04/18]

• Please log in to reply

mkiadb

mkiadb

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:39 AM #561

Hm, nobody nowhere ever said anything about this at any time that I could find. Thank you.

So the tab is now detected, but heimdall keeps saying the ICS and MIUI ROMS "Tar header contained an invalid file size." I've downloaded them twice. Also I've downloaded the recovery image and tried to load into heimdall, and it's header also is invalid.

If I'm understanding correctly I'm supposed to load ICS into heimdall, then flash only the kernel, which also lays down CWM recovery? But I can't get these to load. Pretty sure I have to lay down CWM before the ROM.

Dont take this the wrong way, however since I see you A. Didnt know how to get into DL mode, B. Are trying to flash an Odin TAR with heimdall, Im going to say this....

Do NOT NOT NOT NOT start fucking around with Heimdall until after you have spent a few days reading up about it, watching youtube videos, and getting to know that program, what it does, and how fast you will flat out brick that tablet.

Everyone starts out with the android pacifer and formula, and soon graduates to flashing and even building, man, just dont expect someone to flat out hold your hand on heimdall, everyone has to read about it. I prefer Heimdall over Odin, and I prefer an older version of Heimdall.

Start Reading.

The Tab does random reboots, boot loops, apps crash on regular basis, MMS will not send, MMS will not download. Ive wiped and reinstalled several times, even went back to 3.1, then 4, etc etc. No idea why its doing this.
Of course, its not the end of the world, just a little annoying more than anything
  • 0 Likes

rooter

rooter

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:02 AM #562

See the thing is, all I need is for somewhere to say what needs to be done. This forum is about this specific tab which I have, but there are absolutely no accurate instructions here. I've also searched for days on XDA forums and the instructions and files there do not apply to CDMA.

If it says nowhere that there is a Download mode and to reach it VolDown+Pwr... I can not just -infer- that if I don't already know it. I can't just spin myself up to a maelstrom and pop it out my arse. Somewhere it has to -say- that, or else I won't know. The penalty for it not being there is, I can't do it. Information that isn't there, can't be available nor learned.

For example days ago I read that I need to run heimdall and:
10. place all the files from the stock rom in the correct locations
FactoryFS = factoryfs.rfs
Kernel (zImage) = zImages
Param.lfs = param.lfs
Cache = cache.rfs
Database Data = dbdata.rfs
Recovery = recovery.bin

Uhh... there is NO place in heimdall to do this. What should I think about that? I Have no recourse except to be stumped. Elsewhere it says I only need to load zImage into kernel. And elsewhere it says I must load zImage and recovery.bin. Where? And which one is right? And heimdall needs heimdall firmware... but nothing is labeled this on the heimdall site nor anywhere else? What am I supposed to think about that until I discover that there actually -isn't- any heimdall firmware? You expect me to know information that isn't there. That's overestimating my abilities.

I have a Masters degree, I've been hacking satellite for 6 years, and run MIUI on my Nexus One. I know pretty much what I'm doing. But if vital information is simply not there, I can't read minds.

Here's what I want to do:
- load CWM
- load ICS.

So can't we just move forward?

Edited by rooter, 07 February 2012 - 06:10 AM.

• 0 Likes

Technologic

Technologic

Android Beginner

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:04 AM #563

Here's what I want to do:
- load CWM
- load ICS.

So can't we just move forward?

This is what I did to get ICS loaded...

1. Download ICS Rom and Gapps onto sd card.

2. Download recovery 5.0.2.7 from here.
http://k.22aaf3.com/...ery-5.0.2.7.tar

3. Unzip it (recovery 5.0.2.7)...

4. Install heimdall. (I prefer version 1.1.1)
http://www.glassechi...ducts/heimdall/

4. Enter Download mode (Power + Vol. Down) and Install the 5.0.2.7 Kernel(zimage) and 5.0.2.7 Recovery through heimdall.

5. Upon reboot, enter recovery by holding down Vol. Up.

6. In recovery, Wipe device, then Install ICS Rom and Gapps zips...
Note: You might have to "mount /system" when installing gapps. You can check that in the "mounts and storage".

7. choose "reboot system now" in recovery.

Edited by Technologic, 07 February 2012 - 07:10 AM.

• 4 Likes

CrunchSA

CrunchSA

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:18 PM #564

Anybody else getting FCs with the Chrome for Android Beta on this ROM?
  • 0 Likes

valnour

valnour

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM #565

CrunchSA: Yea, I installed this ROM after running CM7 for quite a while, hoping to be able to use the Chrome Beta. It works, and I can do most things, but I can't access the settings.

Otherwise, the ROM works perfectly!
  • 1 Likes

ianphillips1

ianphillips1

androidIAN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:00 PM #566

Anybody else getting FCs with the Chrome for Android Beta on this ROM?

Just when I hit the settings tab, it feels pretty snappy though.

Ian

sent from my secret pocket machine
  • 0 Likes
Ian
HTC DNA - ViperDNA
32gb Grouper

@nestaroot

saleen582

saleen582

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:45 PM #567

Any chance this Rom will work on a VZW Galaxy Tab Sch-I800? Any help will be appreciated...
  • 0 Likes

OP jt1134

jt1134

MILF

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:05 PM #568

Any chance this Rom will work on a VZW Galaxy Tab Sch-I800? Any help will be appreciated...

That's exactly what I developed it on/for :-)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

rooter

rooter

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:05 AM #569

This is what I did to get ICS loaded...

For heavens' sake. So the trick is to download CWM from a secret location, and then load it with an -old- version --not a new version-- of heimdall. Of course!

Thanks Technologic. Maybe some day when I need a newer version of CWM it'll be posted somewhere.
  • 0 Likes

valnour

valnour

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:18 AM #570

For heavens' sake. So the trick is to download CWM from a secret location, and then load it with an -old- version --not a new version-- of heimdall. Of course!

A secret location? I went to http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager -- Not much of a secret. And heimdall isn't necessary either. Using the terminal emulator and flash_image worked fine for me.
  • 0 Likes