*** DISCLAIMER ***
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!
Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! I will not attempt to simplify this down anymore. I learned everything I know about modifying Android from reading, reading, trial and error, then reading some more. There is a reason I don't have a high post count on here or XDA I read just about every post in most threads or I Google the problem I'm having. So I have no time or sympathy for people that ask stupid or redundant questions. You need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this, because to switch back to 4.2.2 and possibly 4.4 you will have to RSD back to stock. This needs to be flashed to the STOCK SLOT and the 4.4.2 KitKat Kernel and Baseband needs to be flashed for it to work. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Okay this is a stock unmodified(3c_ota.apk is the only apk removed) rooted rom of the 4.4.2 KitKat OTA with full Safestrap functionality, except for restoring back to 4.2.2 and possibly 4.4 I can't test 4.4. To go back to 4.2.2 you will have to restore back using RSD or Fastboot. I've been running this all day, and so far no issues have surfaced. I haven't tested ART yet but it should work fine. You will need to have the phone's drivers installed to get this working, so click the link below to download them and install them before you start. https://motorola-glo.../p/30,6720,8696
Instructions to install this rom for Safestrap Users, read every step before you start...
1. You need to be rooted on 4.2.2 or 4.4 with Safestrap installed
2. You also need to have disabled write protection via MotoWpNoMo
3. Boot into Safestrap Recovery
4. Factory Reset the STOCK Slot in Safestrap DO NOT wipe the /system it can cause issues
5. Flash the Rom zip to the STOCK Slot (this will take a couple minutes)
6. Once the Rom has finished flashing, reboot to the Bootloader within Safestrap
7. Plug your Moto X via usb cable into your computer the Bootloader screen should say usb connected now
8. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
9. Open the extracted folder and find the FlashMyMotoX.bat and run it
10. Choose option 8 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.2 KitKat Kernel
11. Once it finishes get back to the options and choose option 9 this will flash the 4.4.2 KitKat Baseband
12. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
13. Enjoy 4.4.2 KitKat!
For Unlocked Users
1. Boot into TWRP 2.7 (recommended that's what I use to test) factory reset then install the rom.
2. If you were on 4.4.2 already then reboot and enjoy if you weren't on 4.4.2 then continue to step 3.
3. Once done installing reboot to the bootloader from within TWRP.
4. Once on the bootloader screen plug your usb cable into your Moto X the screen should say usb connected.
4. Extract and run my utility choose option 9 to flash the 4.4.2 Baseband.
5. Reboot and Enjoy 4.4.2!
Downloads: DO NOT repost links on other forums, link them to this thread!
Safestrap Version: http://www.androidfi...329332407577036
Safestrap Mirror: https://docs.google....VlvRVhHbVU/edit (thanks to dave3588 for the mirror)
Flashing Utility: http://www.androidfi...329332407576165
Unlocked Version: http://www.androidfi...329332407582531
Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for root, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, dhacker29 for TWRP 2.7, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!
Edited by KrYpToNiTe, 01 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.