[RECOVERY][3-2-12]ClockworkMod Recovery

CWM5 Recovery ClockworkMod CWM
  • Please log in to reply

warturtle

warturtle

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:20 PM #21

Imnuts, can't thank you enough for your continued dedication to the Droid Charge! :grin:
  • 0 Likes

aaronDroid80

aaronDroid80

Average Android

• 207 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:26 AM #22

I had a major problem yesterday restoring a nand backup. Using this recovery, I made a backup. I was coming from full stock ep4, rooted, and self-debloated. I then flashed the 12/11 infinity-tsm-ext rom. I found some temporary turnoffs (which I'll discuss in another thread) and decided to revert. The first time I tried to restore the backup, it failed at the rfs format step. I suspected this had something to do with the ext4 formatting that was done when I flashed the rom. So then I flashed the stock ep4 image to get everything back to the way it should be. When I tried to restore again, it failed at the same point. I tried a second time (reflash stock and start over), and again failure.

could my backup have been bad?
  • 0 Likes

Money Mike

Money Mike

Average Android

• 279 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:33 PM #23

why doesnt this have .md5 at the end of it like the other odin files? it is showing like its a winrar file on my pc. is that ok to flash in odin? it has .tar at the end and if i open it with winrar it shows a .bin file.
  • 0 Likes

OP imnuts

imnuts

Disabled User

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:59 PM #24

why doesnt this have .md5 at the end of it like the other odin files? it is showing like its a winrar file on my pc. is that ok to flash in odin? it has .tar at the end and if i open it with winrar it shows a .bin file.

It does have a .md5 at the end :erm:
  • 0 Likes

Money Mike

Money Mike

Average Android

• 279 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:21 PM #25

It does have a .md5 at the end :erm:

Basically what I'm saying is that every file I've ever flashed with Odin has had .tar.md5 at the end of the file name. The latest cwm ends in just .tar and it threw me for a loop. I wanted to make sure that was correct before flashing this on my phone. Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

lane32x

lane32x

Average Android

• 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:28 PM #26

Basically what I'm saying is that every file I've ever flashed with Odin has had .tar.md5 at the end of the file name. The latest cwm ends in just .tar and it threw me for a loop. I wanted to make sure that was correct before flashing this on my phone. Thanks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Odin checks if a file is able to be flashed before it actually does the flash. Regargless of extension.
.tar.md5 is just a naming convention but not a requirement.
  • 0 Likes

charlie_c

charlie_c

Average Android

• 192 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:31 AM #27

It's weird, I downloaded it on my home computer and it was .tar.md5. I tried it here at work and it was .tar.tar.
  • 0 Likes

dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:55 AM #28

I had an odd issue with the restore feature last night. For some reason when it began the system portion of the restore it suddenly said it could not mount system - and this issue persisted across several re-entries into CWM (and across CWM versions - at least the 4.0.1.4 that I flashed after the problem occurred) when trying to flash anything. Perhaps there was an issue when backing up the system partition, as I've had no issues with restore and this version of CWM prior to this incident. That being said, a re-ODIN to EP4D fixed everything just fine, and the advanced restore - data function worked great. Just thought I'd report the oddity.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Money Mike

Money Mike

Average Android

• 279 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:41 AM #29

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Odin checks if a file is able to be flashed before it actually does the flash. Regargless of extension.
.tar.md5 is just a naming convention but not a requirement.

So I'm going to assume it is ok to flash this recovery file then?
  • 0 Likes

Mrbigdreams

Mrbigdreams

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:58 PM #30

So I'm going to assume it is ok to flash this recovery file then?

I'm pretty sure you have to Odin cwm. Just try it First
  • 0 Likes