6 votes

[RECOVERY][3-2-12]ClockworkMod Recovery

CWM5 Recovery ClockworkMod CWM
  • Please log in to reply

ofcrlawless

ofcrlawless

• 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:07 PM #91

Can we get an admin or someone to remove the link entitled "download" in the original post?
It is a dead link and is confusing many people.
Keep the 0817 link below it though!
Thanks
  • 0 Likes

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:08 AM #92

I am unable to boot into recovery by the usual means. Phone is rooted Samsung Droid Charge, stock ROM. I flashed "0302_charge_recovery.tar.md5" with Odin, which reported success. I use Rom Manager, which reports that CWM is installed, but when I reboot to recovery I get the stock recovery app. Similarly, if I use the three-button method I also get the stock recovery app. I'm baffled, but I'm not very well educated in this area. Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:18 AM #93

I am unable to boot into recovery by the usual means. Phone is rooted Samsung Droid Charge, stock ROM. I flashed "0302_charge_recovery.tar.md5" with Odin, which reported success. I use Rom Manager, which reports that CWM is installed, but when I reboot to recovery I get the stock recovery app. Similarly, if I use the three-button method I also get the stock recovery app. I'm baffled, but I'm not very well educated in this area. Thanks.

You need to remove/disable /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to make a custom recovery stick.
  • 1 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 AM #94

Thanks for responding. I cannot delete or rename the file with ES or Root Explorer because it is R/O and I don't know how to change permissions in *nix. Sorry. Thanks for trying.
  • 0 Likes
--

Everyone has in idea until he gets punched in the mouth.
~ Mike Tyson ~

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:14 PM #95

OK, so I renamed install-recovery.sh to install-recoverk.bk, rebooted, started Rom Manager, flashed CWM, asked it to boot into recovery and got the stock app. Used the 2-button method, and got the stock app. Seems quite odd.
  • 0 Likes
--

~ Mike Tyson ~

dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:00 AM #96

I would ODIN the recovery instead of using ROM Manager
  • 1 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Pesach Ben Schlomo

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:13 AM #97

I would ODIN the recovery instead of using ROM Manager

Thanks. I did, but no results, so I just started again from a factory reset and now all is well. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
  • 0 Likes
--

~ Mike Tyson ~