2 votes

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-inc [alpha5]

• Please log in to reply

apophis9283

apophis9283

Android Beginner

• 138 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:01 AM #51

Anyone who wants evervolv ics rom preview 5 and gapps send me your email to steaven.android@gmail.com and i will link rom and gapps

Sent from my ADR6300
  • 0 Likes

SantiMun

SantiMun

• 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:07 AM #52

Does this ROM also come with a kernel or does anyone recommend any kernel in particular with this rom? Im assuming incredikernel 2.6.38.8 would be the one to go with?
  • 0 Likes

apophis9283

apophis9283

Android Beginner

• 138 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:03 PM #53

I use Incredikenel and it works flawlessly on Evervolv Ics rom
  • 0 Likes

demarcmj

demarcmj

• 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:14 AM #54

Does this ROM also come with a kernel or does anyone recommend any kernel in particular with this rom? Im assuming incredikernel 2.6.38.8 would be the one to go with?

I use Incredikenel and it works flawlessly on Evervolv Ics rom

Both this and Evervolv come This comes with 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-ics-12082011 preinstalled. There is a newer version, but I've yet to see any compelling reason to bother upgrading.

(Edit: I fixed my statement to be more accurate, as Evervolv has updated their preinstalled Kernel.)

Edited by demarcmj, 24 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.

• 0 Likes
Device: HTC Incredible
Rom: Abduction ICS v2.0a9
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime
Kernel: 2.6.38.8-cayniarb-ics-stock-030112
Radio: 2.15.00.07.28; CWR 5.0.2.0; HBOOT: .92; S-OFF

apophis9283

apophis9283

Android Beginner

• 138 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:18 AM #55

The newer kernel from incredikernel has better battery life for intellidemand and interactive x, I saw some what of an improvement nothing jaw dropping
  • 0 Likes

viki412ag

viki412ag

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:46 PM #56

I just installed this rom on my DINC and so far I'm so impressed I had to setup an account here just so I could comment! I'm a power user, not a dev, I've installed 10 or more roms on my dinc before but this was my first ICS ROM.

oddly enough, things others said don't work for them, worked just fine for me. but other things didn't... so here's my feedback.
I took the following setup steps:
reboot into recovery
delete user data
wipe cache
wipe delvik cache

installed rom and gapps from zip using clockword mod recovery
rebooted (first boot took ~ 5 mins, after that it booted in about a minute)

ICS runs super fast on my dinc but I did see the occasional image duplicating during transitions.
Working: camera, maps, market, gps, mobile connection, gmail, wifi, google account sync, power widget
Not working - so far the only thing not working is the mounting the device using the media transfer protocol.

When I connect to usb, it says something about mounted in installation mode and when i try to toggle to enable the MTP mode, or the second mode below it, I get an error that it cannot complete the action. I'm connecting it to a win7 lenovo laptop. Any suggestions/fixes? Did the MTP mode work for anyone else?
this was the first time I have even learned that ICS = no more usb mass storage. :-(
  • 0 Likes

RaggaJack

RaggaJack

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:07 PM #57

I ran fix permissions with Rom Manager because I have been getting a lot of force closings with gallery and some other shit but now I have another minor problem. If I am not on my exact home screen when I open anything say the market for example, and I'm done and press the home button it brings me what ever screen it was on last not the my home screen. Any suggestions?
  • 0 Likes

demarcmj

demarcmj

• 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:37 AM #58

I ran fix permissions with Rom Manager because I have been getting a lot of force closings with gallery and some other shit but now I have another minor problem. If I am not on my exact home screen when I open anything say the market for example, and I'm done and press the home button it brings me what ever screen it was on last not the my home screen. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure that's just how Android (or 4.0 at least) works. Depending on your launcher, pressing home a second time will take you back to your home home screen
  • 0 Likes

Antg001

Antg001

Android Apprentice

• 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:36 AM #59

So is anyone else having any other problems? I'm really wanting to try this, also i want to make sure I first flash ics-deck-inc-alpha5 then after that I flash
ics gapps 12-16-11 right?? thanks for the help guys..
  • 0 Likes

demarcmj

demarcmj

• 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:05 AM #60

So is anyone else having any other problems? I'm really wanting to try this, also i want to make sure I first flash ics-deck-inc-alpha5 then after that I flash
ics gapps 12-16-11 right?? thanks for the help guys..

Yup that is the right order. Don't forget a full wipe before flashing.

As far as problems go.
  • Smoothness - Gets better with every version but still not all the way there. Very inconsistent (super smooth at times, super slow at times)
  • General Stability
    • Random Freezes (restarts after a minute-ish, or you can do a battery pull), especially when plugging/unplugging from power
    • Random Restarts
    • Paging through widgets causes the launcher to crash a lot (unless you move to Nova Launcher)
  • New Android 4.0 Data usage monitoring tools don't work
  • New Android 4.0 Panorama camera mode doesn't work
  • Camcorder doesn't work on this rom, and only works at low quality in Evervolv
  • SD Mounting doesn't work without additional apps/widgets (works in Evervolv)
  • Exchange calendar syncing (fixed in Evervolv, not sure about deck)
  • A lot of people have problems with the gallery app and have needed to find alternatives
  • The LEDs for the capacitive buttons don't turn on/off the way they should (personally, I like having them off so this isn't a problem)
  • Selecting Silent in the power-button menu goes to vibrate instead (for some reason). Have to do it again, once you're on vibrate, for it to actually go to silent.
  • Barcode scanning doesn't work
  • I've seen a lot of people complaining about problems with apps on SD, but I keep all my apps on my phone so I can't confirm that.
  • I think I also remember something about walpaper scrolling, but I don't know what the issue is exactly
That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by demarcmj, 27 January 2012 - 11:45 AM.

• 1 Likes