2 votes

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-inc [alpha5]

• Please log in to reply

OP deck

deck

Developer

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:38 AM #1

Welcome to ics-deck.
Recently I have been releasing a few preview builds on twitter for my followers, but I thought hey why not let everyone in on the action! This is built from source, 4.0.3r1. Please DO NOT report bugs yet, as I know what and what does not work. Some people are actually using this as their daily, tho it is not ready for that imho. Once we get into an 'alpha' or 'beta' state, i will redo the thread will all the good stuff and more information. Please only flash this if you know what you are doing for the time being.

*What works*
Most everything is working, although you may encounter a few FC's here and there and find some other bugs on the way.

*Whats new*
USB mass storage mounting.
Some Cleanup.
Waaaaay too much to list.
Camera. (no video or panoramic modes yet)
Lots and lots of backend work.

*Thanks*
As always, thank you toastcfh and the cm team for various things here and there, preludedrew and evervolv for various things here and there and also the kernel, and everybody else that contributes to this community. This will also be updated as the rom progresses.

*Downloads*
ics-deck-inc-alpha5
ics gapps 12-16-11

Donations are VERY much appreciated and go towards new devices for support.
Posted Image

Enjoy!
Follow me on twitter for the most recent updates. @kushdeck

Edited by deck, 11 January 2012 - 05:31 AM.

• 8 Likes

Seanzle

Seanzle

• 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:15 AM #2

Dude you are making great progress! As soon as camera works I will be using this as my daily!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

highonfire

highonfire

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:06 PM #3

Awesome work Deck..... I appreciate you keeping the dinc alive! It's definitely come along away already.
  • 0 Likes

kwatch

kwatch

• 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:43 AM #4

This is the smoothest ICS build I've used thus far. Everything seems to work but the camera and calendar. Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

larry996

larry996

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:15 AM #5

I agree, very smooth rom! just flashed Chad's new incredikernel for ICS over the top, with incredicontrol voltoge. Better version thus far, continue the great work! Thanks!!!!

Edited by larry996, 19 December 2011 - 06:16 AM.

• 0 Likes

kwatch

kwatch

• 28 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:59 AM #6

Using Alpha 8: I am having problems pairing my phone with my car, but for now the tradeoff is worth it.
  • 0 Likes

thetwentyone

thetwentyone

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:36 PM #7

Kush, I originally posted this to the XDA forum, but the noise-to-content ratio over there is pretty high. I wanted to provide some detailed info on what works and what doesn't. As the alpha progresses, I'll update this as I test it. Do you have a repo where you are hosting and can report issues, etc.?

Using latest Incredikernel 2.6.38.8 , PreAlpha8, and G-Apps 12-16-11.

What works for me:
  • Nearly everything. Very smooth.
  • Calendar fix works.
  • USB Storage Fix works
  • Headphones
  • GPS
  • Superuser (have been using Nov. 20 Market version)
What doesn't work for me:
  • Camera
  • Maps force closes after a few seconds each time I open it. Applications that use maps (like BostonBusMap do not FC).
  • Paid apps through the market
Buggy:
  • Fairly common graphical glitch where the screen is duplicated several times when transitioning (e.g. right after clicking search bar, loading market, etc.)
  • Sometimes when on call the proximity will turn off the screen and then not turn it back on when I take it away from my face (has happened twice in eight calls over the past 24 hours).
  • Often mouse icon comes up on screen. Seems to be triggered by the optical trackpad, but is very prone to being activated. Horizontal scrolling is comfortable, vertical is way too slow.
  • Gallery has flickering yellow rectangle on top left when animation is occurring.

Edited by thetwentyone, 21 December 2011 - 10:29 AM.

• 0 Likes

runagt2

runagt2

• 33 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:31 PM #8

Awesome Kush, thank you for the Christmas build! I haven't tested for long, but I will say Maps works for me on this build which is great--GPS too. Paid apps were never problematic for me on the pre-alpha builds, and they are working fine now too. The strange graphical glitches Thetwentyone mentioned are still present, not that I'm complaining.
I need Flash, and it hasn't worked on any ICS builds I've tried. Adobe put out a 12/12 release with ICS fixes which installs fine, but no Flash media displays in a few browsers I've tried. Unfortunately I restored a CM7 nandroid to get Flash back and I forgot to play with th e OJ beforehand. The Evervolv team said they'are fixing it for the Inc, wish I had tested it on your build.
Well thanks again and happy holidays!
  • 0 Likes

jwm1986

jwm1986

• 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:45 AM #9

Alpha 1 findings, built in incredikernel and 12/16 gapps

Had trouble with:
  • Super user still denies root even if you click allow, you have to go back to superuser and toggle it. Solved by auto allowing everything that asks.
  • Wallpaper is to the right and down a bit on home screen and lock screen - reboot fixed it
  • Gallery's video player duplicates the video several times - doesn't do it with other video players such as QuickPic
  • Still has screen duplication after clicking search
  • Certain areas such as when you are setting up an account (corporate email or initial setup screen for gmail) after you push next it opens the same screen again and you have to hit next a couple times to proceed
  • No camera
  • Flash did not work from within Dolphin HD set to desktop mode like I normally use, however the built in browser took me to m.youtube.com where flash did work in the browser
Worked (not everything, just what worked since "thetwentyone's" post):
  • Paid apps
  • No maps
  • Force closing
  • No flickering yellow in the gallery anywhere
  • No mouse icon?
Mostly good though! I have very few issues and other than the camera it's usable as a daily from what I can tell.

Thank you for your work!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Jason

Edited by jwm1986, 28 December 2011 - 08:33 AM.

• 0 Likes

froader

froader

Android Beginner

• 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:46 PM #10

Just loaded this up. Nice job, it's very smooth. It's nice to play with ICS on my spare DINC, while I figure out how to move to a GNEX.
Thanks!
  • 0 Likes