Rate this Topic

15 votes

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-alpha5]

• Please log in to reply

mhwarfield

mhwarfield

• 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:36 AM #1101

New update from Deck on dev-host but the same identical name? Both are there, size is different, but name is the same? I didn't know you could do that.
  • 0 Likes

aheeejd

aheeejd

• 84 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 AM #1102

FYI - I just flashed the newer update (cm9) & I also flashed the a2sd patch from jamzt cm9 thread & I also flashed the Mason El-0.1.5- RC5 sbc kernel & everything went smoothly & is running fine.

Edit - I take that back, when you flash jamzt cm9 & the a2sd patch, its all set, meaning if you opened TB, a2sd would already be there. Not the case with Decks, but, I opened terminal emulator & typed su, enter & gave it su permission, & then typed a2sd reinstall, I got a few windows saying Google has stopped, etc, clicked OK on them & the phone rebooted on its own through terminal emulator (give it time) & now all good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Edited by aheeejd, 12 July 2012 - 06:45 AM.

• 0 Likes

smelkus

smelkus

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:32 AM #1103

The flashable a2sd from evervolv I made awhile back also works on these deck cm9's.
  • 0 Likes

NewMC

NewMC

Average Android

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:07 AM #1104

Hi all, I am running the newest CM9 that Deck posted. I have not flashed anything additional (i.e. - kernel, a2sd) so only running the rom buy itself and haven't modded anything other than installing Google Now. The problem I'm having is that my phone will go for awhile without making any sounds at all, I'll look at it and notice that I have a missed call, voicemail, text, or have an email notification that I never heard any kind of sound for. Has anyone else experienced this or figured out a fix for it? I do use Google Voice and have always occasionally had calls that never rang since running Deck's roms. I don't believe this is a rom issue but rather a Google Voice issue, we all know how Google's cust. service is regarding these issues though. Just looking for suggestions.

Smelkus - Will that flashable a2sd format my sd as needed? I tried it on PB24 previously but didn't have any luck, have a feeling that my ext's are not right on my SD to use with this. Thanks for being you!
  • 0 Likes

smelkus

smelkus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:51 PM #1105

Never ran into that problem re: sound and google voice and I've been running the latest deck CM9 for a couple of weeks. The flashable a2sd I made only transfers some init.d scripts and some binaries to their respective homes in /system. It works on some ICS ROMs (this deck cm9, mazda's Paranoid Android port and maybe some others), but it depends on the ROM's init.rc file. It never worked on deck's prebetas because those init.rc's didn't make the /sd-ext directory, which is why I would have to unpack those boot.img's and change the init.rc and repack. My zip doesn't format anything though; just copies some files to your /system directory.
  • 1 Likes

NewMC

NewMC

Average Android

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:05 AM #1106

Thanks for the reply sir, is it just as simple to use TB or something similar to move apps to sd?
  • 0 Likes

smelkus

smelkus

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:10 AM #1107

That really just depends on you and how many apps you have. I have well over a hundred apps 95% of which I rarely use, but when I have the need to use an app I sure don't want to have to download and install again. It also makes switching ROMs much easier to just have everything already on /sd-ext. As such, a2sd whether it's Dark Tremors or the evervolv's is a must for me to keep a ROM for any longer than an hour or so. It is not as convenient to use an app to move apps to sd.
  • 0 Likes

dafuller61

dafuller61

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:55 AM #1108

I have an HTC EVO 4G. Currently running R3charged and chop suey... have to hard boot everyother day... is there a solid ROM out there that will support wi-fi hotspot and not make me reboot all the time?
  • 0 Likes

Joilson

Joilson

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:00 AM #1109

Hi i am trying to download this file for my htc evo 4g and i can not find the file for download file name (ics-deck-evo-alpha7.zip 142 MB.)
I need help.
  • 0 Likes