Rate this Topic

- - - - -

no google wallet on gnex?

• Please log in to reply

GTvert90

GTvert90

Average Android

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:48 AM #21

Tmobile and att block google wallet as well....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

adamd1169

adamd1169

Android Beginner

• 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:00 AM #22

Thus is the one functionality I was really looking forward to...my old cards had the cops in then, my new cards don't and I miss being able to tap and pay...plus with this I would use my one card specifically for this, so I would keep the balance low to minimize any issues...

I'm sure cm9 will have it enabled, that's all I care about

Sent from my Galaxy S on VZW!

Really? Of all the new things ics brings this is the one you were most excited about? Are you sure you aren't exaggerating?
  • 0 Likes

superchunkwii

superchunkwii

Simply Awesome!

• 250 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:36 AM #23

This is the reason I will be rooting my phone. I really want Google Wallet and I think it should be illegal for carriers (Verizon is not only one doing this btw) to force a particular service. If Microsoft was illegal in how it handled browsers, then this is clearly illegal.
  • 0 Likes

GatorsUF

GatorsUF

Android Beginner

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:48 AM #24

Vzwnews just tweeted that they are not blocking it. They said Verizon does not block apps.
  • 0 Likes

DizzyThermal

DizzyThermal

KeyKitLimeKat

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:50 AM #25

Personally, I would use this.. Reason being, if you lose your actual wallet, you have to go and cancel all your credit/debit cards (or put them on hold) and risk the chance of a small time window of someone being able to run a charge via credit on your card(s)..

If you lock your phone via pin/pass/pattern.. AND you have a pin on your Google Wallet (for use), You lose your [Google] "wallet" you report a stolen phone, and you're all set, credit cards/debit cards don't have to be canceled and you can continue to use them..

I was extremely excited for this.. However, ONCE again, Verizon Wireless will continue to screw the consumer, for what? What advantage does Big Red gain by disabling Google Wallet?

Anti-Competitive..

I hope CM9 and other custom ROMs can enable this somehow.. Even if it requires I get a new battery (with an NFC chip)..

I got two fingers for your Verizon and ones on each hand..
  • 0 Likes
Auto-Away: "Enormous" Edition - Video
Auto-Away is a powerful and customizable SMS Text Messaging and Phone Call auto-response system for your Android device.

SassiBob's Auto-Away Review!

k0admunk33

k0admunk33

Android Beginner

• 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:56 AM #26

Vzwnews just tweeted that they are not blocking it. They said Verizon does not block apps.

If you believe that, try downloading Wireless Tether from the market on your Vzw phone. I know I don't see it on my Tbolt, but I know it's there.
  • 1 Likes

Dem389

Dem389

Android Apprentice

• 87 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:22 PM #27

Yeah they said the reason Google Wallet won't be on the phone is because of intergration issues.

That makes sense right? How would a phone designed by Google, running an operating system designed by Google, be able to work with a service designed by Google??????
  • 0 Likes

ERIFNOMI

ERIFNOMI

Supporting Member

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:28 PM #28

Yeah they said the reason Google Wallet won't be on the phone is because of intergration issues.

That makes sense right? How would a phone designed by Google, running an operating system designed by Google, be able to work with a service designed by Google??????

You left out VZW nazis. There is the integration problem. Google can't be more integrated in their own phone than the carrier that just acts as dumb pipes for data.
  • 0 Likes
Come check out infinitroid.com

joackie27

joackie27

Android Beginner

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:57 PM #29

ISIS. That's the reason why Verizon is "blocking" Google Wallet from the Galaxy Nexus. Isis is a mobile phone-based payment system that Discover, Barclaycard, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon are launching. So it will be in direct competition with Google Wallet.

http://en.wikipedia....payment_system)

• 0 Likes
“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” - Albert Einstein

superchunkwii

superchunkwii

Simply Awesome!

• 250 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:19 PM #30

ISIS. That's the reason why Verizon is "blocking" Google Wallet from the Galaxy Nexus. Isis is a mobile phone-based payment system that Discover, Barclaycard, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon are launching. So it will be in direct competition with Google Wallet.

http://en.wikipedia....payment_system)

True and it also should be illegal.

It should simply work with any of these options and based on the various parts of the service the user can choose which they want... just like any other commercially available product.
  • 0 Likes