1 votes

EH2 Full Factory Odin Restore

• Please log in to reply

OP nitsuj17

nitsuj17

Super 1337 Kanger

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:44 PM #1

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!!!****

Ok, thanks to some anonymous friends there is finally an full odin package for the samsung stratosphere (i405)

This is eh2...I have been told the current build running on phones is ei2, so......what does this mean?

It could mean that the stratosphere launched with eh2 and had a quick bug fix ota to ei2, or this was a testing build that was never released :shrugs:

If it was an mr1 ota, then in theory flashing this package, then going into manually push the ota in settings -> about phone should work fine.

having said that, I wouldn't recommend flashing this just for the heck of it...however if you hard brick you may not have another option.

(if anyone knows the answers to the eh2/ei2 situation id appreciate it)

package contains: kernel, stock recovery, bootloader, secondary bootloader, param, cache, dbdata, movinand, cdma radio, and lte radio

flash in odin, or remove the .md5 label from the file and open the package with 7zip and remove the individual components. You can then flash them with heimdall, or remove what files you dont want flashed.

Download: SCH-I405.EH2_REL.tar.md5
md5: 449a673befc195b82594772bf6e02bbf

Edited by nitsuj17, 05 December 2011 - 04:44 PM.

• 1 Likes

knightcrusader

knightcrusader

Android Beginner

• 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:25 PM #2

(if anyone knows the answers to the eh2/ei2 situation id appreciate it)

It came with EI2.
  • 0 Likes

OP nitsuj17

nitsuj17

Super 1337 Kanger

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:29 PM #3

It came with EI2.

did you get the phone at release or after?

im still seeing if i can get ei2, but at least u have some safety net now
  • 0 Likes

knightcrusader

knightcrusader

Android Beginner

• 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:45 PM #4

I got it on release day. I was waiting for this phone ever since I seen the first images leaked out back in June. :-)
  • 2 Likes

Dalladubb

Dalladubb

• 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:50 PM #5

Yeah, I wonder what eh2 is. I don't think we're ready for an mr yet so my best guess is about the same, pre-release.
  • 0 Likes

scur

scur

Android Beginner

• 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:35 PM #6

If I only flash the stock recovery, will that wipe out the custom recovery? Since I've put it on, my phone's been $#!^. Daily bootloops get old really freaking fast, especially while getting laughed at by iPhone fans...
  • 0 Likes

skategeezer

skategeezer

Android Beginner

• 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:10 PM #7

If I only flash the stock recovery, will that wipe out the custom recovery? Since I've put it on, my phone's been $#!^. Daily bootloops get old really freaking fast, especially while getting laughed at by iPhone fans...

Here is a post that has a newer build. I would use this one before going back in time.

http://rootzwiki.com...and-zipaligned/
  • 0 Likes

scur

scur

Android Beginner

• 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:54 PM #8

I was actually thinking the other way, just getting rid of the custom recovery. But you might be right, using the customized ROM might get things back on track.
  • 0 Likes

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:39 AM #9

i need to erase the current recovery and use the stock one can someone tell me how i can do this!
  • 0 Likes

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:35 AM #10

NITSU I LOVE YOU i want to hug you for what this did! i was soft bricked and i was having verizon ship a phone to me then as i was trying to fix my phone in attempt to stop my warranty from getting voided by sending the rooted flashed phone to them i saw your post!
I Used heimdall and flashed recovery .bin to my strat and i clean wiped my phone and cleared the cache and it worked!!! i love you PLEASE update this post and put it on xda and post again on Rootzwiki because this is a PAIN to find! THANKS SO MUCH! :lol:

PS sorry for the bad grammar and spelling im just so excited
  • 0 Likes