Android OS Forum banner

[THE OR] PowerBoost v2.5 ===[PRB(PreReleaseBETA)]=== Were Getting There

174K views 971 replies 138 participants last post by  natezero386 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
##########################################################################################################

Welcome to the OR!
Now the OFFICIAL thread for v2.2 BUGS and INSTALL HELP ONLY!! Please take all feature requests and general PB discussion to the PIT (http://rootzwiki.com...powerboost-v25/ ). A 3rd thread will be open once development of next version after 2.5 is started.

##########################################################################################################

Home to the Multi-Device MOD known as PowerBoost (PB)
Same PB, New Thread
***1300 posts 120,000 views in 3.5 months B-) ***

We've Found the Breakthrough!​

Iris Art Art paint Painting Astronomical object

/*
*v2.5 Features!

* ALL DEVICES NOW SUPPORTED!!!!
* New Features, Rewrites, New Devices and SO Much more!!:
*Dirty Batt3ry Calibration has been r3add3d

*Custom OC/UV Script
will be available to devices that utilize an overclock module [Droid series]
*Rethrottle option added in
*Build.prop edits now toggleable
*build.prop and sysctl.conf tweaks will now NEVER duplicate
*Fully Functional check mods script(prop and sysctl check actually work now
)
*NEW CPU gov selection menu
* --New Feature: ScreenState Scaling ....
*Modded Smartassv2 CPU gov BOOSTEDassV2 !
*Backup/Restore Menu
*Zipalign apk's on boot init.d script
*New tweaks to build.prop
*SQL Vaccuum Cleanup
*User Stats Deleteable
*LagFix Init.d Script
*Many more
*/

-=-=DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!=-=-​
All that who donate will be posted here so I can show that I appreciate my users. :)

clouse2013​
iluvamk​
matjmonk​
brownt01​
arnshrty (x2)​
Collinscars (x2)​
XDroidXX $20​
blacksantron​
swirly​
anonymous $30​
turflife2​
anonymous​

If you have donated, pm me and I'll check my paypal history and add you.​

v2.5 INSTALL
1. Verify that you are running minimum busybox 1.19.3 and have functional wget command​
2. Open terminal and type:​
su
mount -o remount,rw /system (if running pb 2.2 type sysrw)
busybox wget [url to be added] -O /system/xbin/makedevice.jpg
3. Next type:​
makedevice.jpg
#- If this command fails then type:​
chmod 777 /system/xbin/makedevice.jpg
#Then repeat makedevice.jpg command​
4. Device will reboot and load terminal for you :)
5. Type:​
su
sysrw
pb
/*
* No need to create backup directory before starting this is done by default
* Also note that all files are installed during makedevice.jpg
* Just toggle what you want to use
*/
6. Reboot after all mods toggled and other goodies utilized​
7. Reap the Benefits​

==========================================================================================================
v2.5 Preview Images:​

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
OLD RELEASES:::

[hide='v2.2 Info and D/L']v2.2 Features:
*Unthrottled Data --Now Universal to ALL devices
*Build.Prop Edits
*SD card read Ahead
*File System Boost
*Sysctl.conf tweaks
*Swap (For the Devices that support it)
*PowerBoost Conservative CPU Gov (Modified Conservative)
*Many Init.d scripts
-Fix Perms on Boot
-Recovery on Every Boot
-Wipe Cache and/or Dalvik Cache
-Droid Th3ory's Dirty Battery Calibration Script (To be added back in next release --Updated)
*Togglemods script to toggle ALL installed mods easily.
*Internal zip method of installing mods
*Recovery Swap (EVO:CWM/RZR/Amon RA ; Rest: CWM/RZR)

Bugs:
None found yet

v2.2 DOWNLOAD:
(Please Read the Install Instructions in Post Below Thoroughly!)
***Also located in unthrottle folder)
UPDATED LINK 2 (12-8-11)
(md5:8384d070274345c7b3383d1d1bfe58f)
Included in Update:
×Setup.sh will contain correct directory from extract
×Other small coding fixes for setup.sh
xTesting new tweaks(0vermind {DX2 dev})
xWorking on D2/D2G

xFascinate Support Added
xSQLite3 Fix[/hide]

[hide=V2.2 Install Instructions'']
###2.2 Install
###Multi-Device
***Reccomend Reflashing ROM prior to install to make sure of seamless installation

***Busybox v1.19.0.git.adrynalyne is REQUIRED for the full functionality of this script. Downloadable via script
***For an explanation of each MOD or feature type PBhelp
***If any FC's occur on initial boots of flashes, please reboot to rectify the issues
***Now features universal unthrottle exploit

1) Extract PB2.2.zip
2) Open terminal and type:
Code:
sh /*/*/*/setup.sh<br />
; *or using script manager run setup.sh as root(sdcard/extracted/PB2.2/setup.sh)
***Once this finishes device will reboot
3) Open terminal and type
Code:
<br />
su<br />
sysrw<br />
powerboos<br />
t
4) Run Option 1--->1 to create backup directory
5) Use rest of menu to select mods to be installed. (Option 2-5)
6) If interested in utilizing RZrecovery, select option 9.
7) Exit from Main Menu by selecting option 10.
***This Step is CRUCIAL to the mods being installed***
***!*!*!!*If you get a read-only file system error, select n(or y if you like me :) ) to get back to # and then type sysrw. Type powerboost again and select option 10 and then your device*!*!*!*!*!*
8) Script will ask you to select your device and finalize flashme.zip
9) After exiting, you will see prompt to flash flashme.zip
***If using RZrecovery, boot to recovery and navigate to /sdcard/unthrottle/ and select flashme.zip
***If using ClockWorkMod, select zip like normal and flash flashme.zip
10) Once phone reboots open terminal and type:
Code:
<br />
su<br />
sysrw<br />
togglemods<br />
11) The menu will display the mods that you selected to install from powerboost, all showing in the off Status
***Enter the number for each mod you would like to turn ON and press enter
12) Reboot Normally
***If utilizing PowerBoost Conservative CPU Gov, open a overclocking app (AOC, SetCPU, Rom Toolbox, etc) and select conservative if it is not already an option.
13) Open powerboost script again(see Step#2--sysrw not required) and choose option #6 to check mods)
14) Reap the Rewards
[/hide]

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
[hide='*****ChangeLog****']
Code:
<br />
3/6/12<br />
v2.5 enters PreRelease beta...My personal testing phase.  BETA hopeful this week. :)<br />
1/19/12<br />
v2.5 Feature List and To-do list posted in OP to update the community. Will be kept up to date until release<br />
1/1/12<br />
v2.? in production. Script being rewritten from ground up. {New menus, new features,new devices, all condensed into 1 script}<br />
12.4.11<br />
RC status acheived on DX, D2/D2G, and BIONIC. New thread started for all 9 devices-- all devices linked to one thread<br />
12.2.11<br />
Universal Unthrottle Exploit Found. 2.1.0 scrapped and 2.2 in progress. Will feature much smaller zip, 1000 fewer lines of code, and only 1 zip for all devices.<br />
11.24.11<br />
Released Exclusively on DX MIUI ICS 1.11.9 test build.<br />
Includes MANY MANY changes that will be addressed here upon official MD release.<br />
10.10.11<br />
MAJOR Overhaul of entire script.<br />
*Check for busybox and installs correct version.<br />
*Added support of ;<br />
-OG DROID MIUI<br />
-NS4G MIUI, CM7, and Oxygen 2.3 ROM<br />
-EVO 4G Kingdom rewind 3d rom support<br />
-DROID BIONIC [R3]BLURR3D v1.7 PBX support (Its already baked in that ROM :wink2:)<br />
-Droid X CM7 9.15, 9.29 build support, and MIUI GB support<br />
-Vortex ROM support(v2.0 and up)<br />
-Liberty ROM support(v0.8)<br />
-ICX 605 ROM support<br />
-Liquid 3.0 support<br />
-DROID X2 Eclipse v1.0 support<br />
*checks throughout unthrottle process to make sure directories are in place<br />
*Functional restore script that completely deletes all powerboost mods<br />
*checktweaks script to make sure they installed correctly.<br />
*Brand NEW interface for script.<br />
*Much easier initial set-up process and much easier install process; no more need for Script Manager<br />
*All scripts[unthrottle, checkmods, restore, mods] included in ONE script for added ease of use<br />
*Allows users to pick DEVICE, ROM, and NIGHTLY/VERSION[if applicable]<br />
*More tweaks<br />
9.27.11<br />
v1.9 abandoned. v1.95 in the works.major changes to be included.<br />
8.30.11<br />
Finally got script to cooperate with new updates. Cron, sysctl, sdcard speeds, file system tweaks, and more. New project home linked to google code. Succesfully tested on roms.<br />
8.21.11<br />
-Correct process of replacing classes.dex corrected by swapping out entire services.jar file. Script edited.<br />
8.19.11<br />
-Script optimized for increased speed and stability by including WORKING build.prop edits that are compatible with MIUI.<br />
8.18.11<br />
-Script Written and executable. Strips services.jar of all throttling files.
[/hide]

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
===============================================================================================
CREDIT::

Thanks to ALL the help I have received from the awesome dev's that this community has:
(I'm sure I have missed someone so let me know)
JRummy16 for all his help on script work
Droid Th3ory for believing in PB and baking it into Th3ory Pakx.
RazorLoves
DXC for the door that led me to find the exploit
Koush for the OG of recovery ClockworkMod

Testers YOU are the reason that this MOD develops so quickly and I am able to keep this updated. Without your eagerness to find the bugs to make this stable it would be months between updates instead of whatever it is now.

===============================================================================================

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was really hoping to have this on the X2

Is there anything I can do to use it?
I was really hoping to use this for its unthrottle. Im on eclipse 1.3 and have busybox 1.19gitadrynaline.

Please let me know if there is a way I can use it. I just would need to know where to push what files and what permission is needed on them.

Thanks! And if not I hope to see it soon for the X2. Ill keep waiting patiently
was just hoping I may be able to get in on this. It sounds AWESOME. I've been following this mod for a long time now

#14 ·
two thing I found, it appears that you need to enter "su" in step 2 and after running step 2 I'm still getting errors where directories are not being found as well as the same type of errors on step 3 as I previously PM'd about after doing a fresh install on RC1. I'm going to restore my backup and try again in the morning with a fresh wipe/reinstall.

#67 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know that quoting yourself is kind of gauche but I just wanted to share my experiences on the install, I had tried to do this last night but I kept getting the different "file/directory not found errors." even with the latest zip. I did try and reinstall RC1 but that didn't correct the issues, so finally I had to do a data/cache wipe, install the latest CW updates, install the version 1.19.0 of Busybox (I did have 1.19.3) and the Busybox installer app kept erroring out until I went in and manually deleted the file from both bin and xbin. Short story long, I did get a successful install of PB 2.2 (I did have to manually copy the unzipped files to the correct locations on the SD card) and it appears that all of the mods are running correctly except for Cron (it give me an error under check mods) but I'm not worrying about that much since that has been reported by others also. One other thing, I did the PB install before I signed back into the Market just to minimize the number of variables that could cause a bad install. So now I'm in the process of recovering all my Apps and getting the DX back to where it was. Just thought I would pass my experiences along to the community.

Thanks to BMC for all his great work in coming up with PB and all the other things he does.

Cheers.

#20 ·
I already have pb 2.1 installed I rwflashed 1.11.9 without a wipe. Extracted pb 2.2 and opened with script manager all went well then it rebooted. Used terminal su..sysrw..powerboost it was still pb2.1 not 2.2. I am trying to get rid of 2.1 so I can use 2.2
Odd...Try restoring to stock in powerboost then reflashing. then rerun setup.sh and continue

#22 ·
clothednblack said:
Nope, no such file in directory after selecting option 2 (stock) I know it backed it up originally. Guess I need to restore my 1.11.9 ( clean backup) and start over, unless you have an idea
I would go into your files and delete everything that had to do with previuos installs of pb. Then reflash your rom and then download and extract 2.2. I had similiar issues in testing

#24 ·
Re-boot seems to have fixed it for now. I did not see any improvement in up/down speeds with first few speed tests. Upload speeds might be a little faster than usual, but download speeds are unchanged. I will keep playing and report back if anything changes. Regardless, thanks for all your efforts. The other changes seem to be working just fine, the phone is very fast and smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.