1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM][AOSP](06/21/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] (For Grouper)

• Please log in to reply

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:52 PM #81

Are you looking into updating for the Android L release if the source is released tomorrow since official support is now defunct?

Unfortunately the source for Android L was not released today :/ .  As of the moment we fully intended on trying to release a build of shiny that is Android L when the source is released; even if official support is no longer around.  Lets hope the source gets released sooner rather than later.   

• 2 Likes

d3xp2pc

d3xp2pc

Average Android

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:57 AM #82

Is there any builds available without goggle apps included. I want to convert to f2fs but the file is too large. I don't have access to PC otherwise I would slim it down myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7

• 0 Likes

baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:34 AM #83

Hey guys, ginganinja is on vacation right now so I just wanted to let you all know there is a new build available for grouper! You can head over to http://shinyrom.goof...rg/#latestBuild to check out all of the details - it includes some minor changes and allows add-on modules to be loaded by the kernel on grouper.

Also, this doesn't relate to the status of ginganinja directly, but you may want to read about my status update:

As for the future, I'm not really sure what it holds. There are two big things that would constitute the next step for Shiny ROM: Android L support (when all of the source is available) and support for additional devices - each of those things would take a lot of time and effort, I can assure you. I've looked at some of the Android L changes that we have access to, and they are massive. Even with just scratching the surface, it is a major change in the system. Some of the changes would optimize it enough to be usable on the Galaxy Nexus, I think, but I imagine it would be pretty sluggish as its very graphics/rendering-intensive. Anyways, I would be more than willing to put in that effort (I think you guys would testify to that from my history), but I honestly don't know if I'm going to have the time or resources. The other thing that's going on right now is I'm changing my computer setup/situation for financial reasons and to better accommodate my future needs. Therefore, I don't even know if I'm going to have my traditional build setup that I've always used for much longer. So, overall, it seems like Shiny ROM development (from me at least) might be winding down. I really don't want to discourage anyone or hurt any feelings, but unfortunately it just seems necessary at this point with all of the other things going on in my life. I don't plan on stopping things totally at this point, but I just wanted to make it clear that the pace of development may not be near what it was when I first started.

Regardless of any of that, I will always be offering support for the Shiny ROM software that I have put out and the Shiny ROM source code will always remain available on Github  :) I will also maintain my profiles on all of the forums because I've made a lot of strong, good friendships here and certainly want to keep in touch with everyone. Plus, if/when my schedule clears up more, I'll probably come back for some more good ol' Shiny development work! So this isn't a goodbye or anything, just a slightly in-depth overview of what's going on right now with me and how it affects the ROM. Thanks to everyone for all of your amazing, unparalleled support and community throughout all of this!  :D

Edited by baldwinguy77, 09 August 2014 - 11:34 AM.

• 3 Likes