1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM][AOSP](06/21/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] (For Grouper)

• Please log in to reply

gpzbc

gpzbc

• 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:44 PM #21

I have tried M Kernel and Franco Kernel, and while both had good performance, Lean Kernel gave me the best battery life.
  • 0 Likes

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 311 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:29 PM #22

I'm using Lean Kernel with ART and have to say it's fantastic. Went through the kernel settings and decided to leave it as default. ShinyROM is exceptionally smooth. Makes me wish the nand on toro was quicker

Edited by AuroEdge, 08 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image

gpzbc

gpzbc

• 58 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:17 PM #23

I just thought I would provide an update. I am running 12/31 with Lean Kernel and couldn't be happier. Smooth as butter with amazing battery life. Thanks!
  • 1 Likes

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 311 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:37 PM #24

Getting an odd bug where the last icon in the GEL dock disappears on boot. If it matters I have been putting the YouTube app icon there
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 311 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:37 PM #25

Edit: happens on boot regardless of what app is placed on the right side of the dock

Edited by AuroEdge, 11 January 2014 - 06:20 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:43 PM #26

Getting an odd bug where the last icon in the GEL dock disappears on boot. If it matters I have been putting the YouTube app icon there

Hmm, I seem to get the same problem now that I checked.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, but it seems to be a problem with GEL due to it only being supported on the nexus 5, so we might have to wait for google to push an update but I will take a look and see what I can do.

• 2 Likes

Bigwavedave25

Bigwavedave25

tinkerer in training

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:17 AM #27

Edit: happens on boot regardless of what app is placed on the right side of the dock

Hmm, I seem to get the same problem now that I checked. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, but it seems to be a problem with GEL due to it only being supported on the nexus 5, so we might have to wait for google to push an update but I will take a look and see what I can do.

I just noticed this last night, that is where I keep my Settings icon. Thought I was going crazy. Ha!
Did you change something special to go from the standard 5 dock icons to 7? Could that be causing the issue?

VS980 / Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

CM's 4.2 Chronus clock widget, color themed here

CM10.2[nightly] DSP Manager flashable zip for AOSP 4.3 based Rom's

DSP Manager test for KitKat 4.4 (working, sort of)

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:24 PM #28

I just noticed this last night, that is where I keep my Settings icon. Thought I was going crazy. Ha!
Did you change something special to go from the standard 5 dock icons to 7? Could that be causing the issue?

VS980 / Tapatalk

I did not change anything with GEL, I took it straight from the one released for the Nexus 5.  This problem most likely arises because it is not officially supported Nexus 7 as of right now.  So we may have to tough it out till Google pushes an update or until we find a way to fix it.

Thank you.

• 2 Likes

DR3W5K1

DR3W5K1

Nexus Addict

• 651 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:36 PM #29

http://wikisend.com/...id.launcher.apk

FWIW I had this issue on my galaxy nexus. I resolved it by using this version of the GEL launcher.

I did not change anything with GEL, I took it straight from the one released for the Nexus 5.  This problem most likely arises because it is not officially supported Nexus 7 as of right now.  So we may have to tough it out till Google pushes an update or until we find a way to fix it.

Thank you.

• 0 Likes

DR3W5K1

DR3W5K1

Nexus Addict

• 651 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:07 AM #30

No guarantees that this will work for you guys. I'm pretty sure it will though.
For anyone that has root and wants to give it a spin just use a root file manager.
1. Remove the current launcher from system/app.
2. Drop new launcher into system/app.
3. Make permissions match the other system apps.
4. Reboot.
5. Profit?
  • 0 Likes