1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM][AOSP](06/21/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] (For Grouper)

• Please log in to reply

baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:06 PM #11

I am curious as to whether or not grouper Shiny updates will parallel toro Shiny updates. Or are we dealing with two totally different animals?

The simplest answer is not yet. Right now, toro is getting a ton of updates to stabilize stock 4.4.2 whereas grouper seems to already be pretty stable. Therefore, toro will probably be getting more updates at the moment. However, very soon, we would like to get on a more systematic nightly-type setup where all supported devices get new builds at the same time. This will all make more sense once the full details of Shiny ROM's plans for the future are finalized :)

• 3 Likes

Bigwavedave25

Bigwavedave25

tinkerer in training

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:48 AM #12

Yea! ShinyROM for grouper!! The kids got new N7s this year for Christmas so I get my (old) N7 back and now I have something to play on it with. Sweet! :-D edit: just installed and all is running smooth and shiny, thanks! VS980 / Tapatalk

Edited by Bigwavedave25, 27 December 2013 - 12:49 PM.

• 1 Likes

CM's 4.2 Chronus clock widget, color themed here

CM10.2[nightly] DSP Manager flashable zip for AOSP 4.3 based Rom's

DSP Manager test for KitKat 4.4 (working, sort of)

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:38 PM #13

Hello everyone, just in time for the new year, an new build has been released and is ready to be downloaded over at the download post.  This is a small update overall with a few minor adjustments.  In the update the stock camera app has been fixed and now shows up in the app drawer.

Installation Instructions

• Download desired ZIP files (ROM, SuperSU*, mods, etc.) and place on internal storage.
  • Reboot to the latest version of your preferred custom recovery (CWM or TWRP).
  • Wipe cache.
  • Wipe dalvik cache.
  • **OPTIONAL** Wipe data/factory reset (will erase user data like apps and saved games, etc., but may fix strange bugs).
  • Flash ROM.
  • **OPTIONAL** Flash other desired ZIPs (SuperSU, mods, etc.).
  • Reboot.
  • Enjoy!

Please leave any comments, questions, suggestions, ect. in the thread.  Feel free to PM me if you need more help I will try to respond asap.  Thanks again to everyone and i hope everyone has a safe and fun new years!  

Edited by ginganinja, 31 December 2013 - 05:39 PM.

• 4 Likes

gpzbc

gpzbc

• 58 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:25 PM #14

Awesome. Thank you very much sir. (you may want to update the thread title. I almost missed it ;-)

Edited by gpzbc, 31 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

• 1 Likes

baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:27 PM #15

Build is looking awesome, well done ginganinja! ;) Of course, I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't given it a whirl yet tries this one out. Happy new year everyone! I hope 2014 is good to all of you!

• 3 Likes

moosc

moosc

Android Lover

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 PM #16

Does otg work with this kernel or do I look for a otg kernel?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

Scallywag1

Scallywag1

Android Lover

• 714 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:42 PM #17

Link dead?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:15 PM #18

Link dead?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fixed

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  

• 1 Likes

OP ginganinja

ginganinja

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:19 PM #19

Does otg work with this kernel or do I look for a otg kernel?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

The rom is currently using the stock kernel, custom kernels are available elsewhere that allow otg support and can be flashed alongside shiny rom.  I can work on adding it in for the next build.

Thanks 

• 2 Likes

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 311 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:40 PM #20

I'd like to spark some discussion about kernels. I've only ever experimented with leankernel.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image