Rate this Topic

- - - - -

what to do?

• Please log in to reply

USSENTERNCC1701E

USSENTERNCC1701E

Average Android

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:07 PM #11

But now it says unlocked in hboot. This is what people are talking about when they say nand unlocked. You can now flash a custom recovery from fastboot, then from recovery you can install the super user app and binaries. Ill post instructions when I'm at my computer.
  • 0 Likes

USSENTERNCC1701E

USSENTERNCC1701E

Average Android

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:05 PM #12

So, to install a custom recovery with a Windows PC:

Download the .img version of your recovery of choice, I recommend TWRP2.0, as it has touchscreen support. Put twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

Boot the phone into fastboot mode. Since you've unlocked it I'm assuming you already have fastboot drivers configured, and know how to get there.

Open a command prompt in the folder with fastboot.exe and twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img Navigate to the folder and hold shift while right clicking in a blank space, Open command window here. In there enter the commands
fastboot flash recovery twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img
fastboot boot twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img

You are now in recovery, if you just want to install super user, you must have adb configured as well, if you don't let me know.

Pushing super user:

Download Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip and extract the contents into the same folder as adb.exe

From recovery --> Mount --> mark Mount System

Open a command prompt in the folder with adb.exe and the /system directory from Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip In there enter the commands
adb push /system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb push /system/bin/su /system/bin/su
adb reboot

Now you can install and use any root apks you desire. I never used wifi tethering on the stock ROM, so I don't know if it will support it, if not you'll need to get a kernel that does and the easiest way to install it is using joeykrim's Flash Image GUI available on the market.
  • 1 Likes

sstidhem

sstidhem

• 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:19 AM #13

So, to install a custom recovery with a Windows PC:

Download the .img version of your recovery of choice, I recommend TWRP2.0, as it has touchscreen support. Put twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

Boot the phone into fastboot mode. Since you've unlocked it I'm assuming you already have fastboot drivers configured, and know how to get there.

Open a command prompt in the folder with fastboot.exe and twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img Navigate to the folder and hold shift while right clicking in a blank space, Open command window here. In there enter the commands

fastboot flash recovery twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img
fastboot boot twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.img

You are now in recovery, if you just want to install super user, you must have adb configured as well, if you don't let me know.

Pushing super user:

Download Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip and extract the contents into the same folder as adb.exe

From recovery --> Mount --> mark Mount System

Open a command prompt in the folder with adb.exe and the /system directory from Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip In there enter the commands
adb push /system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb push /system/bin/su /system/bin/su
adb reboot

Now you can install and use any root apks you desire. I never used wifi tethering on the stock ROM, so I don't know if it will support it, if not you'll need to get a kernel that does and the easiest way to install it is using joeykrim's Flash Image GUI available on the market.

Thanks for the info! My buddy went out of town for the holidays. He wanted wifi-tethering for the trip but I will definitely give this a shot when he gets back. Awesome post.
  • 0 Likes

OP evod3

evod3

Average Android

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:13 PM #14

yea buddy!!!!!!! i sold my evo 3d with hboot 1.50 and baught one with hboot 1.40 now im rooted and loving it!!!!!! im buying another evo with hboot 1.40 tomarrow so if any one needs one hit me with a message.. yeeeeurrrrr!!!!
  • 0 Likes

bigflash59

bigflash59

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:06 AM #15

It ain't happening. You have to flash everything through hboot.
  • 0 Likes

USSENTERNCC1701E

USSENTERNCC1701E

Average Android

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:57 PM #16

It ain't happening. You have to flash everything through hboot.

lol, that's a hoot. At the time of your posting there was a successful downgrade. As of 5 minutes ago, it's reproducible.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1547695
  • 0 Likes

jasKaos

jasKaos

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:12 AM #17

lol, that's a hoot. At the time of your posting there was a successful downgrade. As of 5 minutes ago, it's reproducible.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1547695

That's what I did... It's amazing having s-off on my 3vo.

sent from anthrax'd max'd out mean 3vo!
  • 0 Likes

CURRENT PHONE: Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
CURRENT ROM: Calkulin's E4GT 2.9.2
CURRENT KERNEL: Team Rogue 1.5
If I have helped you in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!! I'm slowly working on learning how to develop my own ROMs :D