*** DISCLAIMER ***
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!
Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! There is a reason I didn't post this on XDA, I will not attempt to dumb this down anymore. You need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this, because to switch back to 4.2.2 you will have to RSD back to stock. This needs to be flashed to the STOCK SLOT and the KitKat Kernel and Baseband needs to be flashed for it to work. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Okay this is a stock unmodified rooted rom of the KitKat OTA with full Safestrap functionality except for restoring back to 4.2.2. Of the 3-4 different test I did, I still haven't been able to restore a 4.2.2 backup it goes into a bootloop. So for me I rsd'd back to the factory 139.10.53 sbf or 139.15.1 sbf if your on the camera OTA. Then reroot with pwnmymoto/rockmymoto, reinstall safestrap and restore your 4.2.2 backup. So far I've been running this all day, no issues have surfaced besides some apps not being available for KitKat yet. Also while writing this I switched to ART runtime, and so far everything is still functioning great! You will need to have the phone drivers installed to get this working so go here and download and install them. https://motorola-glo.../p/30,6720,8696
Instructions to install this rom follow every step...
1. You need to be rooted on 4.2.2 with Safestrap installed
2. Boot into Safestrap Recovery
3. Factory Reset the STOCK Slot in Safestrap
4. Flash the rom zip to the STOCK Slot (this will take a couple minutes)
5. Once the rom has finished flashing reboot to Bootloader within Safestrap
6. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
7. Open the extracted folder and find the FlashMyMotoX.bat and run it
8. Plug your Moto X via usb cable into your computer the phone should say usb connected now
9. Choose option 6 within the FlashMyMotoX utility then hit enter it will flash the KitKat Kernel
10. Once it finishes get back to the options and choose option 7 this will flash the KitKat Baseband
11. Once it finishes succesfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
12. Enjoy KitKat!
Downloads: DO NOT repost links on other forums, link them to this thread!
Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap, and jcase for root, without them this wouldn't be possible!
Edited by KrYpToNiTe, 24 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.