- - - - -

ACME Uninstaller

• Please log in to reply

OP jfpesant

jfpesant

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:06 AM #1

I have to send my unit back to HP (cracked plastic by speaker issue) and need to remove CM7.

I understand that ACME Uninstaller is the way to go, but am unsure what to do exacty... (N00b)

Here are the instructions, found on [Release][Alpha3]Cyanogenmod Touchpad :

To use, simply download and unzip the Uninstaller. Then connect the TouchPad to your computer via USB. Then restart the TouchPad with the volume-up key held until you see the large, white USB logo. Then, issue this command on your Terminal/Command Line on your computer:
$ novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller

Here is the main question :

What programm do I need ??? (where is that Terminal/Command Line ?)

Thanks in advancd,

JFPesant
  • 0 Likes

z06mike

z06mike

Android Beginner

• 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:52 AM #2

You installed CM7 on your touchpad but can't uninstall it??

You just run the acme uninstaller as opposed to running the acme installer.

Terminal/command line is command prompt: Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt
  • 0 Likes

erick0423

erick0423

• 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:24 PM #3

Follow this video
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=p7IXl6XB6ig

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

JasonH83

JasonH83

• 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:35 PM #4

I have to send my unit back to HP (cracked plastic by speaker issue) and need to remove CM7.

I sent one of mine in for the same reason (thousands of us have or will, I am sure) and it came back looking great. HP really handled the repair excellently. Sad thing is though-- once our warranties expire... muhahaha-- it won't be pretty.
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:50 PM #5

Here is the the video to uninstall CM7:

Once you have run the uninstaller, your touchpad will boot into WebOS. Connect it to your computer
and select USB on your touchpad. Using Windows Explorer, look in the touchpad folder for any
folders or files that have Android in the name and delete them. Also look in the Lost Dir. folder.
Delete any files in that folder and then delete the folder itself. Now eject your touchpad in Windows
Explorer and disconnect the usb cable. Next, go to settings and tap "Backup"
and then tap "Backup Now." This will back up all your account info and settings
so that you can restore them to your touchpad when you get it back.
Last but not least go to Settings, tap "Device Info", then Tap "Reset Options" and tap "Secure Full Erase."
Now all traces of Android are gone and your WebOS install is at it's factory delivered state.

Edited by nevertells, 01 December 2011 - 12:50 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP jfpesant

jfpesant

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:45 PM #6

Great ! Couldn't ask for more !
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:53 PM #7

Great ! Couldn't ask for more !

BTW, be sure you know our WebOS account name and password so when you get your TP Back, you can restore your settings. Of course, if you never plan to use WebOS, probably doesn't matter. :grin:
  • 0 Likes

AniWarlock

AniWarlock

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:26 PM #8

Uninstaller stops with "reclaiming unconnected clusters". How to fix this?
PS. I can't boot into webos to do full erase, and i can't use doctor (12% and nothing helps).
  • 0 Likes

ikana

ikana

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:51 AM #9

Is there a proper link where I can download the ACME Uninstaller from? All the links are broken or not responding.

Thanks,
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:14 PM #10

Is there a proper link where I can download the ACME Uninstaller from? All the links are broken or not responding.

Thanks,

You are not the first person to discover that the links to the uninstaller on the OP for CM7 and CM9 are broken. I have seen a couple folks post a link for the file on Mediafire, but it would be a lot more helpful if someone would fix the OP links too!!!! In the meantime, pm me and I'll send you a private link.
  • 0 Likes