[Updated 12/23][How-To] Root The Kindle Fire

Kindle Kindle fire root tutorial how-to
  • Please log in to reply

nolajon

nolajon

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:24 PM #21

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but the Unroot button is missing from the burritoroot app - how do I unroot so video works?
  • 0 Likes

comicsguy024

comicsguy024

Average Android

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:11 AM #22

Hey there, trying to root my Kindle Fire so I can get Market access on it and I'm folllowing the first two steps in this thread before moving on to the newest Root just recently posted from jcase. However, I'm having a slight issue with step 2 and am hoping for some help.

I follow these steps:

"Close and save that file.
Now find the folder where the SDK was installed, and open the google-usb_driver folder. In that folder, find the file android_winusb.inf and add the following code to both the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] sections:

;Kindle Fire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

but when I try to close notepad with the new code, it says it cannot create this file and to make sure the path and name are correct. As I've looked around and tried it over and over, the only thing I notice is that my "android_winusb" is .ini, not .inf but this is the way the SDK came...can I change this somehow? Or am I missing something entirely? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!
  • 0 Likes

pulmprincesss

pulmprincesss

• 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:12 PM #23

can you please walk through installing vending apk. through adb shell.
  • 0 Likes

alan sh

alan sh

• 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:06 AM #24

I've rooted my device (Kindle Fire HD 32 gb) but I have no idea what to do next. What I want to do is install Google Play so I can install my real apps (deceint keyboard etc). I used ADB to install Play - that worked and I have it loaded. But everytime I try and run it, it starts up and then stops.

So, what steps am I missing? I have installed SU (I followed Rev Kyles video).

Alan
  • 0 Likes

zinkontherun

zinkontherun

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:52 PM #25

And this is safe for system version 6.3.2 of the Kindle Fire?
I don't have the HD tablet and as far as I know, the tablet I have now was the first Kindle Fire given to the public... I just want to make sure I won't be destroying my device with your steps, since I'm not very "tech savvy".
  • 0 Likes

spartaman

spartaman

• 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 AM #26

And this is safe for system version 6.3.2 of the Kindle Fire?
I don't have the HD tablet and as far as I know, the tablet I have now was the first Kindle Fire given to the public... I just want to make sure I won't be destroying my device with your steps, since I'm not very "tech savvy".

The easy way for me to do it with the Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.9. This was the only zip I used. Once you unzip it, it has everything you need in the folder. Try going to Youtube and searching for video by reverendkjr. He goes through all the steps.

Of course you need to download the rom of choice along with the gapps.
  • 0 Likes