Android OS Forum banner

Bricked Droid 2 Global

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  bdsullivan 
#1 ·
So no matter what I do I can't seem to start my phone up no matter what I try. Bootloader, stock recovery. Etc... Anyone else ever had this problem as I seem to have bricked it. Any solutions?

#2 ·
You have to give more info than that. What have you tried? Tried booting into recovery and doing a factory reset? Tried sbf'ing? Are you on stock or running a custom rom? Are you rooted if on stock? What was the last thing you did before it would not boot? Kinda hard to help without any information.....

#3 ·
Guess I should have explained more. Was on MIUI. And decided to go back to CM7. Pushed down when the blue light appeared and went in to MIUI recovery. Went to recovery > latest> and then CWM.

The CWM was the newest one that comes with Rom Manager. I wiped data, cache, flashed REV's latest CM7 build then wiped cache again and rebooted. Got stuck on the red M and I pulled the battery and now It will not even power on. It's dead.

#17 ·
I have a D2 and thought I'd share some of my info to help you revive the battery and android system. Read it all. Also there is a link to the ezSBF file but you'll need the D2G version.

Here's my topic link:

http://www.droidforu...zws-gb-ota.html
Sorry swagger but this helps me none. I don't think people are understanding this. THE PHONE WILL NOT TURN ON. For bootloader for recovery or for just normal boot. It's bricked.

#13 ·
It is impossible to brick a device with a locked bootload.

Didn't read, just saying. Batteries? Fun...

#15 ·
Okay, then it's technically impossible...

What's that quote about making things idiot-proof and building a better idiot?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.