Welcome to the new thread for CM7 on the Gingerbread kernel. I'm opening a new one so I can keep it updated and the old one was in need of a refresh. I'm just a middle man who wants to help and consolidate all the info on the ROM so people don't have to read 500+ pages of the old thread for the info. Check the OP for any new builds/bugs/workarounds/etc as I'll update it constantly. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTUALLY DEVELOPING THE ROM AND I AM NOT A DEVELOPER so all thanks AND DONATIONS go to RevNumbers(http://rootzwiki.com.../99-revnumbers/), INt_Rnd_Pooka(http://rootzwiki.com...-int-rnd-pooka/), and of course DXC. Is this your first time with CM7? If "yes" then read on. If "no" then read on anyways. If you're new to flashing then follow the OP carefully and note the kernel requirements and you'll be rolling CM7 in no time.
The CyanogenMod Team (http://www.cyanogenmod.com/)
Goo.im for the free hosting (http://goo.im/)
And everybody else who have helped add to this ROM
No moto blur
1% battery increments
Hijacked boot menu (OPTIONAL-FLASH THE ZIP BELOW-IT DOES NOT COME ALREADY BAKED IN)
Charge while off mode with no charging LED
Pull down toggle widgets
Built in screen shots(hold power button)
All the CM7 goodies listed here if you're new to CM http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about
*You must be on the Gingerbread kernel to use. If you're using the official CM7 builds then you're on the Froyo kernel(.340) and must SBF to a Gingerbread kernel(.596,.602, or .605) with .602 or .605 preferred. Follow this http://rootzwiki.com...dx-to-cm4dx-gb/ Warning: after flashing this ROM your phone may physically get smaller. Not really but it will FEEL like it because of the absence of B L O A T.
*ANY ISSUES WITH BOOT MANAGER WILL BE IGNORED. FLASH WITHOUT IT BEFORE POSTING ABOUT BUGS.
*ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING BUILDS
*ALWAYS CHECK MD5'S
*YOU MUST FLASH GOOGLE APPS(REFERRED TO AS GAPPS) AFTER FLASHING THIS ROM. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE FLASHING A NEW BUILD OVER THE TOP OF AN OLD ONE
*WHEN UPGRADING TO NEWER BUILDS FROM OLD ONES YOU SIMPLY FLASH THE NEW ONE OVER THE OLD ONE. MAYBE WIPE CACHE AT THE MOST
*IF THE STATUS BAR TOGGLES DON'T WORK GO TO CM7 SETTINGS>INTERFACE>NOTI. POWER WIDGET>WIDGET BUTTONS AND SCROLL DOWN AND SET THE MODES
*BEFORE POSTING ABOUT BUGS(NOTIFICATION SOUNDS NOT WORKING, ETC.) DOUBLE CHECK ANY SETTINGS AS THERE ARE A TON BURRIED IN "SETTINGS>CM7 SETTINGS." THEN TRY FIXING PERMISSIONS IN ROM MANAGER. ALSO TRY WIPING DATA OF THE APP YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH BY GOING TO "SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS."
*IF YOU RUN ANY MODS(JBM, V6, ETC.) TRY RUNNING WITHOUT THEM BEFORE POSTING ABOUT BUGS AS THEY CAN CAUSE ISSUES
Version 1.1.5 Boot menu courtesy of wizard0f0s(might contain bugs):
Link to Google Apps(20110828-signed.zip is fine and they update automatically):
A patch that gives you FM radio courtesy of SaurusX(flash in CWR). Is not necessary on build 2012-1-31.r1 and up as it's included:
Link to Saurux's post to get HDMI out:
A better DXC 720p patch redone by Saurux:
New github for GB modifications:
CM7 Change log:
- HDMI audio does not come working. Download THIS and flash it to restore HDMI audio at the cost of no longer having notifications be fed through your BT device.
- Bluetooth has conflicts with the new radio patch. Using the FM radio can kill BT connections - You can try flashing this (http://dl.dropbox.co...otoLibAudio.zip) in CWR. Will switch to Moto's proprietary libaudio.so and libaudiopolicy.so. Flash this (http://dl.dropbox.co...CM7LibAudio.zip) to restore the CM7 files.
- Changing the quality in the camera app makes it force close
- Camera forces closes if the screen is locked/turned off while the camera is on
- DSP manager force closes sometimes. Some people don't have this problem and it's really hit or miss - uninstall after flashing and use another app if needed as DSP has always had problems on the DX.
- Sirius XM app doesn't connect on 3G with the builds that have the 720p - The new builds do not contain the 720p fix so it should be fine.
- FlexT9 is broken on builds that have the 720p fix - The new builds do not contain the 720p fix so it should be fine.
05-19-2012 built by INt_Rnd_Pooka
http://goo-inside.me/roms/RandPooka direct link - http://goo.im/roms/R...GB-20120519.zip
Changes: Some deep sleep fixes from wizard0f0s that should help battery life
Edited by ImaComputa, 23 May 2012 - 05:40 PM.