Since its release, the buzz around Samsung’s Galaxy Note has been when it would receive its update to Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung’s dessert kitchen sent another delightful treat our way and we’re passing it on to you. Another yummy leak, courtesy of Samsung and Rootzwiki!
Before releasing this link, we’ve spent quite a bit of time doing some testing and quality control to make sure you’re going to end up with a satisfactory experience rather than a very attractive paperweight. RootzWiki’s internal build tester has provided us with the following rundown of working features:
- Face Unlock is fully functional
- LTE connections are solid and up to speed
- Phone calls work great both ways
- Audio quality is up to par
- Stereo Bluetooth is fully functional
- MMS is fully functional
- GPS is fully functional
- Google Talk and Video Chat work
- Google Voice is fully functional
- Task Manager is smooth and transitions are quick
- Downloaded Flash video and in-browser video works flawlessly
- Chrome autosync is fully functional
- AT&T Hotspot functionality works, external devices connect fine
For those of you who are used to using the Samsung tools in the Gingerbread Galaxy Note, here are a few changes that out tester has noticed:
- Samsung Planner is now Calendar
- New Calendar widgets include Month, Mini Task, Three Day Task, Mini Today, Agenda, Task, and Mini Agenda
- There is a new Samsung Memo widget
There are a few small issues and design decisions that you’ll have to contend with, but they’re by no means showstoppers:
- Premium Suite is not included in this build.
- The TouchWiz launcher crashes on first boot, but not on subsequent boots
- The TouchWiz launcher crashes upon adding a Google Play account
- This build will increase your flash counter
This build will not wipe your external SDCard on install, but the internal SDCard will be formatted while installing this build.
This file is an Odin One-click installation file, so until we’ve got the goods separated out you’ll need to use Windows to flash this leak to your phone
- Reboot Phone in DOWNLOAD Mode
- Connect your phone to a Windows PC via USB
- Run the Odin OneClick file
- Enjoy your new Ice Cream Sandwich!
Download (Odin Oneclick, Windows required!): RootzWiki Official Download List
RootzWiki would like to thank our unnamed source for coming thru again with this leak; Samsung owners everywhere love you!