Lenovo’s Honeycomb slate with the fantastic pen support, the ThinkPad, has been granted root, according to recent a blog post by Dan Rosenburg. While the ThinkPad might not be the best tablet on the market, it’s possibly the best content creation tablet around, due to the first-rate digital pen support, business-friendly software, durable design, and plentiful ports.
The root process is very easy, and just take a few steps with an auto-root tool. Here’s what to do.
- Make sure you have the latest version of ADB installed and configured. For a complete setup guide, see this post.
- Download the root exploit here.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. Be sure the screen is on, and unlocked.
- Unzip the contents of the download, and execute “run.bat”.
- Follow the steps as prompted, and ignore any activity on the tablet. Once the process is complete, you’re ready to go!
The ThinkPad Specs:
- 1GHz dual core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- 1GB of RAM, 32GB built-in storage
- 10.1″ 1280×800 display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- Mini HDMI
- Mini USB
- SD Card Reader
- Active stylus support
Need help? Be sure to head over the Lenovo ThinkPad section of the forums.]]>