This is a great announcement for T-Mobile SGS2 users. Do note that if you are using a rooted SGS2 running a custom ROM you will have to revert to stock to complete the update. If you wish to take the official update but are running a custom ROM, the process to revert can be found HERE. Many of you have already rooted your SGS2 and installed a custom ROM to get ahead of the release; if you haven't, you can find a multitude of ROMs and tweaks in our Samsung Galaxy S II forums.
Are you looking to update your SGS2 to the Stock Android 4.0.3 update or are you going to stick with a custom ROM for your ICS fix?
Prerequisites before Updating (Altered for more information & links)
- Kies by Samsung (PC & Mac)
- Data Cable
- Samsung Galaxy S 2 for T-Mobile running Stock Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T989UVLDE
- At Least 50% battery level
- Android version 4.0.3/ Software version T989UVLE1
- Manual Update ONLY (Size varies based on previous software version)
- Approved 6/11/12
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- CMAS improvement
- Wi-Fi Calling enhancements
- Voicemail enhancements