The wait is finally over for those of you with a T-Mobile SGS3. You can get the update via OTA or manually via KIES. On your SGS3, press Menu > Settings > About device > Software Update to find the OTA update. If the update is found follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. If the update fails to be found, do not fear; you can manually update your device with a computer/laptop with Samsung KIES. Personally, my experience with KIES has not been great. I have had many "failed attempts" to download and install updates on multiple devices; it seems to be less a hit and more a miss. If you decide to go that route be sure to patient and have some extra time to spend just in case it does not go smoothly.
The update includes many new feature like includes Wi-Fi calling improvements, camera enhancements, keyboard improvements, but most importantly the enhancements that comes with Jelly Bean (Project Butter, Google Now, etc.). If you own the T-Mobile SGS3, you need get this update as soon as humanly possible. Those of you with a SGS3 on another carrier it is time to start being extra vocal and demand you get your update soon.
For a complete step by step on how to update your device with KIES check out T-Mobile Support, it provides a great guide.
- OTA and Samsung Kies update
- T999UVLJ4, T999UVLH2, T999UVLG1 or T999UVLEM
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Data connection
- File size of update is 344 MB (it is recommended to connect to Wi-Fi to complete the OTA)
- Over the air (OTA) update to T999UVLJA: The update is available to download from T-Mobile. It is recommended to connect over Wi-Fi to complete the update.
- Manual download to T999UVLJA: If you did not want or can't update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.