This update was clearly no surprise. Several sources had noticed this mysterious widget in a prior statement from the Android team. What we may not have expected is that this goodness and most of its features would be available for Jelly Bean owners as fast as we see it. Most updates will be applicable for all users, but the Music integration update will only be available in the United States.
Google will clearly continue to build on this foundation and we will place more and more of our internet lives within these tiled pages for quick and easy access. The symbiant partnership will no doubt continue to expand and create layer upon layer of convenience for its users. The goal from Google is clear, for there to be a single coherent platform that can handle the innovations around us in one centralized location.
Here is the latest changelog of the update which recently rolled out for your fun and enjoyment:
For Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean):
- Google Now widget for home screen or lock screen
- Movie passes from Fandango
- Movies now includes ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
- Real estate listings from Zillow when in the market for a home
- Music button when a song is playing in voice mode (US only)
- Support for US college sports
Of course, Google Search is free, free, free in the Google Play Store