Oldblue910 & El Madhatter from XDA has provided the link to download the JDQ39 from JRO03O OTA file for Toro (Verizon's Galaxy Nexus). The update includes the most recent boot loader version, kernel version, baseband version, but most intriguing Android 4.2.2.
Using this method will result in losing root but there are several ways to either keep it or get it back. If want to keep root before updating to the new OTA update then use OTA Rootkeeper (VooDoo). If you updated and lost root or if OTA Rootkeeper happened not to work, you can re-root. You can use recovery, fast boot, and adb to gain root access or use a toolkit such as the one put together by WugFresh.
These instructions are for 100% stock Android 4.1.1 (JRO03O), but with root and custom recovery. Attempt at your own risk, as we are not responsible for any damage that might occur. Instructions from XDA through Droid-Life.
- If you are rooted and with a custom recovery, download the file from above to your phone.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Hold both Volume Up and Down plus Power at the same time until you see a “Start” button appears.
- Choose “install zip from sdcard.”
- Find the file you downloaded, and select it.
- Once it finishes, reboot your phone and enjoy 4.2.2
Now that we know this update is real, are you going to wait for the official release or are you going to update manually? Enjoy Android 4.2.2 and safe flashing.