OK RootzWiki, it’s time for another RootzWiki contest, but this time we’re gonna do something a little more awesome. In celebration of Valentine’s day, we’re going to show a dev or themer some love. If you’re a dev/themer with some current work on our site, you have a chance to win the ultimate personal computing apparatus: The RootzBox.
“But what is the RootzBox?” Yeah, you know you’re asking it. Well, the RootzBox is a custom built PC (with RootzWiki branding, of course) with the power to slay an angry Greek god. Because every good dev/themer needs a good box to do all their rootz on. And a box of this sorts can have much devving/themeing performed on it. To top it off, because we like openness, we have technically and carefully designed this machine to run as many mainline operating systems as possible; including but not limited to: many Linux distributions, Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2, Windows 7/8 and even DOS(maybe)!!! So let’s show our love in the only way you’re supposed to on Valentines Day; by buying expensive things for the ones you love.
So here’s the catch. If you’re a dev/themer who has work of theirs posted on RootzWiki, we want to see your current box. That’s right, the one you’re using for all your dev/themeing work. Even if it’s that old 386 that smells like stale mustard you got back in 1986. We don’t care what type of box, whether it be PC, Mac, or Linux So take a picture of your box and send it into us, and we’ll pick the one we feel deserves our RootzBox love.
The RootzBox will contain the following equipment:
- Intel I7-2600k unlocked CPU
- Diablotek PHD Series 750W Power Supply
- ASUS P8P67-LE Motherboard
- 16 GB Corsair XMS3 Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
- XFX ATI 6770 1GB Graphics Card
- OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Sata III SSD
- Thermaltake Silent 1156 CPU Cooler 2 Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm Case Fans
- Lite-on Sata DVD Burner
- Dynex All-in-one Card Reader
- Thermaltake Z3 Black Edition Chassis
contest thread in our forums, and post the picture in there. Good luck! Here’s a quick recap of the rules:
- You must be a dev/themer with content currently available on RootzWiki
- The picture of your box MUST have your dev/themer name in it, no exceptions
- You can’t have won any RootzWiki prizes before
- Your current box can run ANY OS, we don’t care.
Contestants must be 15 years or older with parental consent. RootzWiki is not responsible for broken devices, and modifying your phone will probably void your warranty. RootzWiki is not an insurance company and will not replace a device if you break it. RootzWiki is a Community driven network for the people by the people. These devices are free and do not require contract. Additionally, anyone who has previously won a contest and provided a phone from RootzWiki within the past 9 months will be unable to receive another phone from RootzWiki until the 9 month mark hits. This is to make it fair for everyone.