As helpfully demonstrated by Koushik Dutta, creator of ROM Manager, by using a Google account connected to ROM Manager on your Android device you can push ROMs to be downloaded with ease (just make sure you’ve turned Wifi on first).
It’s easy to setup Web Connect to download ROMs straight to your device:
- First have ROM Manager Premium installed, if you don’t go straight to jail do not pass GO and Paypal me $200
- On the main screen in ROM Manager press the menu button to bring up a selection of handy options, at the top will be “Web Connect”
- Choose the Google account you’re most likely to be logged into while browsing for ROMs, it does not have to be the account you bought ROM Manager Premium with.
- Make sure the Wifi is enabled and connected on your Android device
- Now whilst signed into your Google account peruse get.cm and select the ROM you’d like to download by clicking the ROM Manager logo.
- You’ll probably be asked to confirm the sign in to your Google account, go for it.
- You’ll be presented with a dialog telling you that your ROM is being downloaded
While it's not a new feature of ROM Manager, we always like to see boring tasks being made a little easier. If you want to add this functionality to your site to make your ROMs easy to access you can get the full details on Koush’s blog.